Experienced ASD TA - Immediate 2019 start!
I am currently working with an Ofsted rated "Outstanding" Special School recruiting for an experienced ASD Teaching Assistant to work on a full time, long term basis from Immediate 2019.
- Experienced ASD Teaching Assistant
- Based in the Borough of Brent/Muswell Hill - excellent public transport links
- £60 - £85 per day (depending on experience)
- Immediate 2019 start!
- Full time, long term position
Are you an experienced ASD Teaching Assistant ready to take on a new challenge?
Are you passionate about supporting and changing the lives of children with special needs?
If so, then I want to hear from you today!
A fantastic Special School based in the Borough of Brent & Haringey is currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with an Autistic child. The child requires constant supervision and a creative approach to teaching.
The school offers a supportive, nurturing environment, where students are challenged to reach their full potential and become valued members of society. Student's communication skills are developed through specialist resources and one to one support.
To be considered for this role you will need to have previous experience working with SEN (ASD) students, with a strong desire to become fully integrated into every aspect of the school. It is preferable that you have experience working with children and young adults with autism at varying levels on the spectrum.
You will be required to:
- Assess learning needs
- Prepare materials, equipment and lessons
- Assess and report on progress
- Assist with personal care
- Liaise with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and healthcare professionals as required
- Work alongside and advise Learning Support Assistants
Preferable experience and qualifications:
- Confidence working with and communicating PECs & Makaton
- Team Teach qualification
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a professional and supportive SLT alongside "Outstanding" Teachers, providing you with a great platform to pursue a successful SEN career!
If you feel you are the right candidate for this fantastic opportunity, please email your CV to without delay. I look forward to hearing from you!