- 1-1 TA/Tutor
- Supporting Secondary age pupils
- On a 1-1 basis
- Tutoring through core subjects up to GCSE Level
- Special needs including SEMH, ASD, ADHD
- Starting ASAP
- London Borough of Southwark - Bermondsey
- Successful and creative provision
- Pay - up to £100 per day!!
Do you have experience providing 1-1 support to students in Key Stages 3, 4 and 5?
Have you a strong knowledge of the Curriculum up to GCSE Level?
Are you experienced with SEN and challenging behaviour?
Are you bored of the TA role and know that you are capable of delivering more on a 1-1 Outreach basis?
If you answered yes to the above then this position may be for you!
Based in Southwark, this alternative provision provides individualised learning plans for students with SEMH, ASD, ADHD who are not coping in mainstream settings. The Head Teacher places high importance on each child getting 1-1 time with a capable Tutor / 1-1 TA to go through with them their learning, break it down for them and help them apporach it in the best way possible. The 1-1 TA would also be responsible for behaviour intervention and mentoring so they need to be a strong personality and confident working with pupils with complex emotional needs.
Students range from 12 - 16 years of age. They are all no longer in full-time whole class education because of the difficulties they have faced.
Responsibilities of role : 1-1 TA
- Supporting key pupil on a 1:1 basis
- Planning and differentiating lessons - Maths, Science, English
- Creatively adapting lessons to appeal to child's liks and interests
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Key Worker for SEN pupil who may be diagnosed with Autism, ADHD or SEMH (Social emotional mental health)
- Being a Mentor and guide for vunerable young person/at-risk youth
- Liaise with the Inclusion manager to implement strategies in the child's EHC Plans
- Feeding back to Inclusion Manager on child's progress
- Acting as a positive role model
The School are looking for:
- Degree Educated
- Experienced TA / LSA / Behaviour Mentor / Tutor
- Strong behaviour management skills
- Able to plan and differentiate the curriculum at Secondary level
You will need to have strong skills in behaviour management, a passion for working with pupils that have special educational needs / behaviour barriers to learning and feel strongly in providing them the best opportunities in life! If you are interested in this rewarding role then please forward your updated CV today!