Placeholder Image
Sub Banner Default Image

Frequently asked questions

Find below some of the questions we are most frequently asked. If you have a question which isn't answered here, please get in touch with the REESON team at anytime.

How do I submit my online timesheets?

We have tutorial videos for both teachers and schools on our YouTube channel which will show you how to access, amend and submit your online timesheets.  If you still have any questions, you can call us on 020 3841 0777 and speak with one of our Consultants.


Can REESON Education Help Me Become a Qualified Teacher?

Unfortunately, we are unable to help you become a qualified teacher directly. For routes into teaching in the UK please visit the Get Into Teaching website.


If you are a qualified teacher who has been out of the classroom for more than 12 months we can advise on return to teaching courses.  If you are a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) we can help find a suitable placement for your induction year.

And if you are a teacher qualified overseas we are able to help find a suitable placement where you can complete the OTTP in order to obtain British QTS where necessary.

What Qualifications do I Need to Work for REESON Education?

To work as a qualified teacher we require that you possess a valid teaching qualification, either a Bachelor of Education or a Post Graduate Certificate in Education and QTS if trained in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia or Canada or the Naric recognised equivalent if qualified elsewhere overseas. To find out whether your overseas teaching qualification is equivalent please go to

Everyone working for REESON Education must possess a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate. All DBS certificates should also be registered with the DBS update service to ensure they remain valid for an indefinite period of time and to allow update checks to be carried out when required. REESON Education is able to assist with new DBS applications and we can offer guidance on registering with the DBS update service where necessary.

How does Supply Teaching Work?

Supply teaching mainly falls into two different remits, daily supply and long-term supply.  Daily supply teaching involves covering daily absences within schools. Daily supply work can be pre-booked if a school is aware in advance that there is going to be an absence but often it is either booked the day before the requirement or before 8:00am on the day of the absence. Teachers looking for daily supply work should make themselves contactable after 3:30pm each day and from 7:00am onwards each morning.  Successful daily supply teachers should be fully prepared and ready to go each morning before calling the office at 7:00am to inform us that they are available for anything that comes in that day. For secondary teachers, daily supply is often non subject specific and may involve covering a variety of subjects. Long-term supply is always subject specific and involves all the responsibilities that are expected of a permanent member of staff at the school, including marking, planning and preparation and additional responsibilities such as school trips and parent’s evenings. Schools will usually recruit for long-term absences either via paid trial days or via an observed trial lesson and interview process. REESON Education also assists in finding teachers permanent teaching positions whereby teachers are contracted to schools directly on a permanent basis.

Where Can I Work?

REESON Education currently provides teaching opportunities in all London boroughs and the Home Counties. We work closely with a large number of maintained primary, secondary and special educational needs schools as well as academies, independent schools and family centres.

How do I Register with REESON Education?

The easiest way is to register online. Alternatively, you can call our office on 020 3841 0777. Once we have received your details we will invite you in for a face to face interview before carrying out all the required checks with regards to your qualifications, right to work in the UK, criminal record and references etc. The face to face interview will take approximately 30-45 minutes.

How Much do I Get Paid?

The amount of pay depends on the type of work you undertake and the amount of experience you have.  Our rates of pay are highly competitive and on average we offer higher pay rates than the majority of other teaching agencies in London and the surrounding areas.

Do You Register Overseas Trained Teachers?

Yes. REESON Education has a wealth of experience in finding work in the UK for teachers trained overseas. In order for you to be considered, you must possess a teaching qualification from an EU country, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa or the USA. Teachers who qualified in other countries will need to contact NARIC UK to ensure that their qualification is equivalent before we can consider them for work.