- Start ASAP
- North West London SEN School
- Key Stage 3 Class (Year 7)
- Friendly School
- £75 - £90 per day
Are you looking for a fresh challenge?
Do you want to part of a team that delivers real change in the lives of students and the community they come from?
Are you compassionate, intuitive, resilient, logical, patient, calm and committed?
Do you have experience supporting children with?
- Autism (ASD)
- Communication difficulties
- Complex Learning Needs
Do you have ABA Assistant training?
- Autism (ASD)/Severe learning Difficulties (SLD)
- PECS/Makaton Communication Tools
- Team Teach/MAPA/PRICE
The ABA Assistant Job
I am seeking to appoint an ABA Assistant / SEN TAs with a proven track record working with low functioning autism students to join a fantastic small special school in Brent, North West London. The school is for pupils with a Statement of SEN or Education for Autism and Severe Learning Difficulties. The vacancy has opened up in a Year 7 class where you will be part of a team of 4 staff (class teacher and 3 Assistants) working with 7 pupils. The students will be accessing a primary level curriculum based specifically on verbal behaviours/ABA techniques designed to support their academic and social development.
The successful applicant for this ABA Assistant job will join a wonderful North West London SEN school that was officially opened in September. Prior to September it has been running for two years already as a satelite school with the backing of the local authority and a number of schools providing support at the inception stage. The scvhool is small and class sizes are capped at 6 pupils with a teacher and 3 support staff.It is part of a federation of SEN schools in the borough and is in a temporary building which is spacious and well equipped through to January 2021 when it will move to a swanky new permanent home.
- Excellent location in Zone 2 North West London
- Well connected, great transport links
- This is a friendly supportive school that will invest heavily in your personal development and pay a competitive salary.
- The school offers a pathway for staff who wish to get qualified so they can transition from a support role into class teaching.
- There is also a good social side to the school with a number of fun social activities linked to other schools in the local area that have grown organically and a healthy sized group decamp to the local pub on a Friday to toast the weekend!
- This is a well run, supportive and friendly school and the students are lovely although they need a lot of support with social interaction and their learning.
Apply today for immediate interviews
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%