Annual Salary: £24,000 - £26,000
Start Date: May 2023
Contract Type: Full-time
Hours of Work: 37.5 Hours per week
Days of Work: 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
Reeson Education are supporting an award-winning independent school based in Central London who require a Art Technician on a full-time basis from May 2023.
The school is a busy co-educational school situated in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the River Thames.
The Principal is looking to invite enthusiastic and well-qualified Art Technicians with vision and expertise to support the school's dynamic art department.
Purpose - Art Technician - Secondary School - Lambeth - May 2023
- To provide technical support to the Art teachers, contributing to the students' learning experience by assisting with the preparation of materials and apparatus for practical work, innovating and creating new equipment.
Key tasks and accountabilities will include the following:
- Support Art department teachers with IT issues and in using our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) - Canvas, (when required, Canvas training provided).
- To provide support for other members in the Creative Arts Faculty - Drama, Media and Music.
- Maintain and monitor consumables and equipment to ensure all pupils are able to access a wide range of materials and processes.
- Carry out a range of administration duties including: inputting data, preparing teaching material, filing documents, making recharge lists, printing and laminating labels and notices.
- Ordering materials and equipment in a timely manner.
- To maintain Art department resources, facilities and keep a record of stock levels. Routine tasks include ensuring a basic level of re-stocking and maintenance of materials and equipment on a daily basis.
- Keeping detailed records of orders, invoices, deliveries and budgets.
- To maintain and monitor stock control and liaise with suppliers and the College Finance Team.
- Preparing and setting up displays and exhibitions.
- Stretching screens and canvases (under instruction, training provided).
- Offer help, support and advice to students as required.
- To provide technical support to staff during lesson time as required.
Personal Specification - Art Technician - Secondary School - Lambeth - May 2023
Successful candidates are likely to be able to give evidence in support of all or most of the following:
Professional Skills and Experience
- Possess appropriate relevant qualifications and/or experience in a similar role, including excellent numeracy and literacy skills - 2 GCSEs (Grade C or above) in English and Mathematics or equivalent.
- Hold relevant qualifications at 'A' level or equivalent to at least NQF Level 3.
- Ideally, additional higher qualifications in Design Technology or Visual Arts. The post would particularly suit someone who might have studied or be preparing to study at Art College or embark on a degree or teaching qualification or similar in the design field.
- Be IT literate and be able to operate a variety of desktop publishing software, as required.
- Possess training in relevant learning strategies, e.g. literacy or possess specialist skills or training in a Curriculum Area, i.e. IT, graphic design, bilingual or sign language.
- Have a full working knowledge of relevant policies, Codes of Practice and legislation.
- Possess the ability to time manage and prioritise effectively in a busy environment.
- Have experience of organizing and/or planning prioritising a demanding workload.
- Be able to manage your own workspace and time.
Art Technician - Secondary School - Lambeth - May 2023
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.