Outstanding Secondary School in Haringey seeks an organised and practical Art graduate or Art specialist to work as an Art Technician, starting in September 2022 on a 1 year fixed term contract.
- Outstanding Secondary School in Haringey
- 31% GCSE grades 9 - 7 (inc. Eng & Maths)
- 87% A Level grades A* - C
- Art Technician
- £18,659 - £24,568
- Fixed term contract, September 2022
School Vision - Art Technician
'Learning today: Leading tomorrow' underpins their vision for all members of their diverse, vibrant community.
To realise the vision they are determined to be;
- an inspirational, inclusive learning school, with the highest expectations, where each person is enabled to achieve their personal best
- a community and family centred school where they work in partnership to empower, support and prepare young people with the resilience to meet local, national and global challenges
- a safe happy school, appreciative of their natural environment that recognises and aims to meet the diverse educational, social, physical and emotional needs of every individual
- a reflective and responsive school where strong and inspiring leadership is promoted with students and staff at every opportunity
- they encourage each student to develop a wide range of skills and interests, to achieve their personal best and to work co-operatively with consideration for all members of our learning community at all times.
The School aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for each pupil which will help them achieve their best, develop their confidence and encourage them to be a thoughtful and active member of society. They consider that their aims for their pupils are best achieved through a close partnership between school and home, and they work together with parents to ensure their child's success.
Job Role - Art Technician
- Responsible to the Head of Art for the technical service to the Art & Design Faculty.
- Ensuring that the practical needs of the teaching staff are met in accordance with School schemes of learning.
- Working cohesively with a team of Art Technicians.
- Ensure that all Art equipment is well maintained.
- Stocktaking of resources within Art to ensure minimum stock levels.
- Ensuring the Art resource room is well organised, accessible and user friendly.
- Ensure that subject knowledge is up-to-date and any relevant training is attended.
- Supporting wider school activities such as open days etc
- Attend faculty meetings to brief staff on new equipment or practical ideas.
- Disposal and arranging for the disposal of waste materials.
- Remain up-to-date with the latest health and safety protocols with regards to hazardous materials.
- Resources: Ensuring that appropriate stock level of apparatus or material are maintained including maintaining stock records. Maintaining stock books including carrying out or arranging for stock checks.
- Placing and progressing orders, ensuring that expenditure is in accordance with department policy, checking or arranging for the checking of deliveries.
- Identifying equipment needs in consultation with teaching and technician staff and participating in the selection of new items of equipment.
- Organisation and storage of equipment, apparatus and materials in accordance with the Borough's regulations where appropriate.
- Participating in the development of Art & Design Faculty's practical and technical facilities to meet teaching/learning needs.
- Maintaining (including repair) and arranging for the maintenance and repair of Faculty apparatus and equipment.
- Ensuring the maintenance of Art & Design services and facilities, liaising with the premises staff as appropriate.
- Preparing apparatus, material and setting up equipment and apparatus for use in practical classes.
- Setting up and on occasions carrying out demonstrations.
- Retrieving and cleaning away apparatus, etc, after use.
- Constructing and modifying apparatus.
- Ensuring that the practical requirements of practical examinations/assessments are met.
- Ensuring that satisfactory standards of safety and security are maintained in accordance with School/Borough policy.
- Other appropriate technician duties as requested by the Head of Art.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%