A special needs school in the London Borough of Dagenham and Barking are currently seeking an enthusiastic and passionate teacher to join their growing team. Due to continued student referrals and funding to develop a new building, the school are now opening three new classrooms after the May half-term.
About The School
- The school accommodates to students between the ages of 3-19 with various learning difficulties and complex needs, many of which are on the autistic spectrum.
- Ofsted graded 'Good with Outstanding features'.
- Continued Progression and Development offered throughout placement.
- Resources to facilitate and support NQT/induction year placements.
- Dedicated and supportive staff and SLT.
About The Role
- The class will consist of 6 children with the successful candidate as the class Teacher with 3 Learning Support Assistants (LSA) present at all times.
- Due on the complexity of the needs of the students, they would not typically work alongside the national curriculum. There is a focus on personal physical, emotional and social development.
- The post is full-time and 5 days per week.
- A highly organised and dedicated team member is essential.
To fill one of these teaching positions, you will need to be:
- A fully qualified teacher (NQTs and overseas trained teachers will be considered);
- Able to provide two recent referees
- Hard-working, flexible and creative in your approach to teaching
- A genuine desire to further the lives of the children under your care
REESON Education is a leading supply teaching agency, with several years of experience. We can provide you with day-to-day work that fits around your schedule, whilst also enabling you to gain a valuable insight in to a variety of different school environments. Or if it's something more long-term that you are seeking, we have exciting positions in schools that are looking for committed teachers to begin in the next academic term.
If you are looking to add to your existing set of skills, we offer professional advice and support to help you through interviews and trial days. We can help you further your understanding of the bespoke needs children possess, whilst also equipping you with the knowledge to be more effective in the classroom.
REESON Education is committed to safeguarding children and therefore requires an up to date DBS or willingness to complete a new DBS. Please note only candidates with the relevant qualifications and legal right to work in the UK will be contacted. Please refrain from applying if you do not hold the relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you.