ASD Teacher - KS5
- ASD Teacher - Key Stage 5
- Outstanding SEN School - OfSTED
- London Borough of Southwark
- ASAP Start
- Long-term, 1 year contract
- £140 - £210 per day
- Excellent training and support
Are you an experienced SEN Teacher for Post 16 who is seeking a new opportunity in a School for students with Autism?
Do you want to work in a truly outstanding school which boasts exceptional staff training and high success rates with student attainment and behaviour?
This is a unique Special Education setting with a calm learning environment and where students and staff have really positive relationships. All the children who attend the school are diagnosed with moderate to severe Autism and they enjoy a highly personalised approach to learning.
You will have a core tutor group who you will teach English, Maths and PSHE to. These students in Key Stage 5 have severe Autism and are working at P Levels - National Curriculum levels. When not with your tutor group, you will teach across the School a range of different subjects to other Key Stage 5 groups. The school benefits from excellent staffing ratios, small class sizes and support from talented and qualified Teaching Assistants. The curriculum at this level is broad with a focus on vocational development and life skills.
You must be creative, adaptable and a good team player!
You will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Previous experience of teaching students with needs, including SEN / ASD / SLD / MLD / PMLD
- Strong knowledge of the UK national curriculum including vocational courses for 16+
If this sounds like you, and you have the skills, experience and attitude to work with Key Stage 5 with SEN, then I'd love to hear from you; either you can apply here or contact us directly on 020 3841 0777.