Attendance Officer required to join a highly successful, cohesive and friendly team at an Outstanding School in Barnet, North London. The School has a great reputation for staff well being and have a happy, driven and dynamic workforce.
- Attendance Officer
- £22,196 - £28,659
- Full time, permanent role
- Outstanding School
- Term time only (with additional weeks of work offered if interested)
- Parking available on site
- SIMS or BROMCOM experience desirable
The Role - Attendance Officer
As an Attendance Officer, you will provide a specialist service to help raise achievement by improving attendance and punctuality. The promotion of positive attitudes by pupils and their families towards education and ensuring that parents are made fully aware of their statutory responsibilities, particularly where there is persistent absence.
Key Responsibilities: Attendance Officer
- To contact parents if an explanation for absence is not received
- To notify the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) of any concerns regarding individual pupil attendance
- To respond appropriately to pupil requests for leave during the school term
- Ensure that prompt, consistent, and rigorous intervention with poor attendance is robust
- Have responsibility for monitoring the attendance of most vulnerable students
- Meet with school staff, pupils, and on occasion parents to establish the reasons for non-attendance/poor punctuality and agree a plan with appropriate strategies and timescales to tackle the issues.
- Manage the process of addressing poor attendance
- To follow up referrals relating to school attendance in accordance with the attendance policy
- To communicate with parents/carers or local authority as required
- Contact parents to discuss concerns and coordinate appointments for attendance meetings
- Liaising with students and parents to improve attendance
Experience - Attendance Officer
- Have experience in attendance, entering data, analysing data and Excel
- Have prior knowledge and some understanding of SIMS
- Have good all-round knowledge of the workings of an attendance office
Personal characteristics - Attendance Officer
- Effective leadership worker: helpful, friendly and able to make good judgements and lead when required
- Adaptable, organised and able to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrates resilience, motivation and commitment to high standards of work and achieving excellence
- Approachable, flexible, calm and caring with a 'can-do' attitude
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- Keen to learn and develop own skills
Specific skills - Attendance Officer
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Competent with IT and the use of it to analyse data
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Able to understand and implement particular strategies and methods to help students to improve their learning and enjoyment of learning
- The courage and conviction to make a difference
- The post holder must be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.