Reeson Education are working exclusively with a multi-site provision in the borough of Bromley that caters to pupils who have been removed from mainstream school. As a behaviour mentor, you will be there to assist pupils academically where need and encourage positive engagement within the classroom. You must be confident and be able to be a positive role model.
This role is only suitable for individuals who are interested in full time work during term time as the the needs of the pupils require consistency.
- To work as part of the whole staff team in managing and modifying the behaviour of children and young people and supporting them in their learning.
- To pro-actively support the emotional and behavioural difficulties experienced by the client group through providing direct interventions for out of class behaviours and non-engagement in learning, developing personalised, time limited mentoring programmes to help young people remove the barriers to learning.
- Modelling appropriate social skills and supporting students in making the right choices, taking a lead in resolving conflict and encouraging young people to develop thinking skills.
- Working with colleagues to promote good learning habits in pupils whilst promoting the highest expectations of behaviour.
- Supervising pupils and engaging positively with them in both structured and unstructured times.
- Maintaining professional boundaries at all times and observing / upholding the values and ethos of the Trust whilst contributing to the overall vision of the organisation.
- Have experience working or volunteering with young people
- Be confident working across all age groups
- Be proactive and engaging as these students do require more attention and guidance
- Be passionate about making a difference in the lives of young people needing that second chance
- Coaching experience or previous work within a PRU setting- would be advantageous but not essential.
Candidates who are available immediately and have a DBS will be prioritized.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%