JOB DESCRIPTION - BEHAVIOUR MENTOR
Behaviour Mentor to work within a great girls secondary school on a full time basis to start in February 2024. The position is going to be working with pupils at the school and supporting them with their learning, managing behaviour and helping improve class punctuality and attendance.
- Behaviour Mentor
- £18,213 - £26,010
- Full time role
- February 2024
- Excellent support for progression, pathway into teaching
- Supporting students in reflection room to realign behaviour
Some of the key responsibilities of the Behaviour Mentor role are:
- To promote, manage and maintain positive student behaviour
- To perform specific duties at break time, lunchtime and after school to ensure that students are well supervised and that health and safety requirements are met
- To perform administrative tasks as may be required.
- To support in the management of the school Reflection Room
SCHOOL INFORMATION in application to Behaviour Mentor
This is a great girls secondary school based in the heart of north London. The school has as an authentic London feel to it with students of all backgrounds which makes for a vibrant, interesting and rewarding teaching environment.
The Ideal Behaviour Mentor
They are looking for bright, energetic individuals who either have experience working in secondary schools or who are educated to degree level and have an interest in working with SEN children/young people. Support and training will be provided by both the school and us here at Reeson Education. The ideal candidate would have:
- An ability to relate to young people in a firm but friendly and calm manner
- An ability to exert authority in ensuring that young people reach their classes on time
- An ability to communicate well with adults and young people
- Some experience of working with young people is desirable but not essential
- An ability to value all the cultures represented in the school and to promote equal opportunities
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written)
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and commitment to School Values and aspirations
- Understanding of the need for and commitment to maintaining excellent attendance and punctuality
- A positive 'can-do' attitude and commitment to assisting others in your team
- Able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and take speedy appropriate action when circumstances require it
- Hardworking, resilient and professional
- Resourcefulness, enthusiasm and flexibility to work under pressure
- Commitment to own continuing professional development and to supporting the professional development of others
- Commitment to the highest standards of child protection
- Excellent in School Training Schemes
- Comprehensive Induction and Training
- Great Rates of Pay
- Good Pathway into Teaching
- Rewarding Role
- Good Work/Life Balance
- Friendly Working Environment
REQUIREMENTS - Behaviour Mentor
Applications are welcome from Behaviour mentors at any stage in their career. This role is ideal for a candidate who is looking to progress with a school based career, possibly leading to teaching in the future.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.