Behaviour Mentor to work within a fantastic school on a full time basis to start in November, running for the remainder of the academic year in the first instance. The position is going to be working with pupils at the school and supporting them with their learning and managing behaviour. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within one of the best schools within Tower Hamlets. The role will include working alongside teachers to aid and help a pupils across various subjects. The school is keen to look over CVs ASAP and interview candidates over the next week.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- To promote, manage and maintain positive student behaviour
- To patrol the school building to ensure that all pupils are in class.
- To perform specific duties at break time, lunchtime and after school to ensure that students are well supervised and that health and safety requirements are met
- To perform administrative tasks as may be required.
- To act as a First Aider as and when required.
- To support in the management of the school Exclusion Room
This is an outstanding based in the heart of London. The school has an academic history of excellence (65% A*- C at GCSE including English & Maths) in addition to state of the art facilities. This over-subscribed school has four applicants for every space available and boasts a brilliant reputation within the local community. All in all this is an excellent school to work within both in terms of students and staff members.
The Ideal Behaviour Mentor
We are looking for bright, energetic individuals who either have experience working in secondary schools or who are educated to degree level and have an interest in working with SEN children/young people. Support and training will be provided by both the school and us here at Reeson Education. The ideal candidate would have:
- An ability to relate to young people in a firm but friendly and calm manner
- An ability to exert authority in ensuring that young people reach their classes on time
- An ability to communicate well with adults and young people
- Some experience of working with young people is desirable but not essential
- An ability to value all the cultures represented in the school and to promote equal opportunities
- Experience of or willingness to learn basic First Aid Skills and act as a First Aider
- Minimum of English & Maths at Level 2
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written)
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and commitment to School Values and aspirations
- Understanding of the need for and commitment to maintaining excellent attendance and punctuality
- A positive 'can-do' attitude and commitment to assisting others in your team
- Able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and take speedy appropriate action when circumstances require it
- Hardworking, resilient and professional
- Resourcefulness, enthusiasm and flexibility to work under pressure
- Commitment to own continuing professional development and to supporting the professional development of others
- Commitment to the highest standards of child protection
- Excellent in School Training Schemes
- Comprehensive Induction and Training
- Great Rates of Pay
- Good Pathway into Teaching
- Rewarding Role
- Good Work/Life Balance
- Friendly Working Environment
Applications are welcome from Behaviour mentors at any stage in their career. This role is ideal for a candidate who is looking to progress with a school based career, possibly leading to teaching in the future.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London