- Behaviour Mentor
- London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
- East London
- Paying up to £90 per day
- Specialist School for young people with challenging behaviour and mental health
- ASAP start
Are you an experienced Behaviour Mentor / TA / LSA / Support Worker or Youth Worker who is looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a difference in and working with children who have suffered emotional trauma?
The School - Barking and Dagenham
Reeson education is currently recruiting for an specialist setting in Barking and Dagenham, East London. The provision provides quality education for children with challenging behaviour who are receiving education outside of mainstream education: Pupil referral units (PRU) Social emotional mental Health (SEMH) schools or in alternative provision settings including 1 to 1 tuition due to medical needs or mental health.
Person Specification - Behaviour Mentor
- Track record working with young people with challenging behaviour
- Previous experience of supporting students with behaviour and mental health issues (SEMH/ PRU/Alternative education attachment and trauma issues)
- Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum.
- Ideally educated to Degree level or higher
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment.
- Reliable & punctual
- Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
- Ability to develop rapport with individuals
About the Role - Behaviour Mentor
- You will be responsible for supporting a small class of around 3-6 students with SEMH and emotional issues
- Support the teacher in delivering the learning objectives for the lesson
- 1-1 Mentoring for young people with challenges, guiding them towards a positive path in education and future career/further education pathways
If you are a creative and passionate Behaviour Mentor in Barking and Dagenham or able to travel easily to Barking,who would like to be considered for this post, please apply below or contact Kiesha @ Reeson on 02038410777 to discuss.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%