Behaviour Support Assistant
Start date: September 2021
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent (Part time considered)
Pay Scale: £17,398 - £19,244 pro rata
Location: Redhill, Surrey
Reeson Education are supporting a large mixed secondary school in Redhill, Surrey who are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Behaviour Support Assistant to start in September 2021.
The school are offering a fantastic opportunity for a Behaviour Senior Support Assistant to join their Pastoral Team. Working directly within the Reflection and Behaviour Unit, you will assist in monitoring behaviour and putting in correct support for both the student and family. You will have a calm but resilient manner, approachable and warm, but able to maintain authority at all times. The successful candidates will be resolving behaviour issues for individuals and groups of students and monitor behaviour in the Reflection and Behaviour Unit as well as between lessons in corridors, break times and lunch times. You will also be supporting students to develop effective social skills, resolve conflict positively through mentoring and advice.
Working pattern: 8.30am to 4.12pm, Monday to Friday with a 30-minute lunch break
Ideal candidate will have:
- Degree Educated
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- An enthusiasm for education
- You would need to be able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and written as you will be supporting the students learning in the classroom
- An abundance of patience and physical dexterity
- The ability to establish professional and supportive relationships
- Recent experience of working in a school and/or with teenagers would be a distinct advantage
In addition to the salary, the school are offering the following:
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and developing organisation.
- Excellent benefit package to include Cycle to Work and access to discount schemes.
- Fantastic Local Government Pension Scheme, including generous employer contributions.
- Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty and Service Awards.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.