- Fantastic Grade 1 Ofsted 11 - 18 School
- Biology Tutor
- Opportunity to support those students most in need
- Great rates of pay
- Biology Graduate or Biology Teachers required
- Lively, interesting and fun support department
- Great school leadership
A fantastic School in Central North London are looking to appoint a team of tutors who are interested in working with the school on behalf of the National Tutoring Program, aiding students whose learning has been disrupted by the pandemic.
They would welcome applications from Biology graduates who are passionate about working with young people or teachers who wold like to take on a role with less responsibility. The role will be to inspire, motivate and increase attainment and participation in core subject areas.
ASPECTS OF JOB ROLE - Biology Tutor
Some typical responsibilities include:
- Biology Tutor with undergraduate degree in Biology or related subject
- Working with school staff to select students for mentoring
- Discussing the aims of mentoring with pupils
- Supporting pupils inside and outside of the classroom
- Agreeing and writing action plans
- On occasion making home visits to talk to parents about issues and to offer advice about strategies to deal with problems
- Liaising with schools, teachers, social workers and educational psychologists and making referrals where appropriate
- Aiding pupils with the transition to secondary education
- Helping pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies
The school caters for students across the age and ability range and currently have learners who display a range of needs. As such they would like to appoint well qualified Biology specialists or Biology graduates who can work as learning mentors and Biology Tutors to work on a 1:1, 1:2 and 1:3 basis to focus raising attainment, participation, confidence and self esteem. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about working with young people, perhaps a teacher who is looking to take step back from the responsibility of full school panning and marking. The school invests heavily in the support department and you would be joining a growing team of specialists.
If you have worked as a mentor or tutor in a school setting, through a private tuition company or at University then this is an ideal placement.
The School has learners who display interest, aptitude and desire to succeed so are keen to reward this by building a team of subject specialists to help students reach their potential.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%