An excellent mixed comprehensive School in North London is looking for an enthusiastic, fully qualified and resourceful Business Studies Teacher to join their team in September 2021. Inner London weighted salary.
Business Studies Teacher - September 2021 start
- Business Studies Teacher
- £32,157 - £50,935
- Key Stages 4 & 5 (including BTEC)
- Faith School that is sympathetic to all religions
- Full time position
- September 2021 start
- Well-resourced and managed department
- Experienced and motivated Senior Leadership Team
- Students demonstrate great aptitude and engagement in vocational subjects
The school is based in a welcoming and tranquil area in North London and was rated as "Outstanding" by OFSTED in its most recent inspection. This Secondary School prides itself on an excellent all-round education that its students leave with, many of whom go on to higher education and skilled vocational employment. They have strong relationships with the local community and parents/carers of the student body.
The School firmly believes in opportunities through learning and how they can shape futures if potential is realised. They believe that this means that every child who enters the School from year 7 through to year 13, should have:
- Opportunities to feel welcomed into a caring and encouraging ethos
- Opportunities to engage in the rich and varied curriculum offered at the school
- Opportunities to have the highest quality of education through outstanding teaching, learning and pastoral care
- Opportunities to feel a sense of belonging by fully embracing all the extra-curricular activities
- Opportunities to engage in learning which develops the character of young people today into the adults we need them to be for the future
Their mission is to ensure that every student achieves and experiences as much as possible during their journey with the School. They want their students to enjoy their education so that they value learning and can look back in later years with warmth and fondness and are as well prepared as possible for the next stage in their life. They aim to help their students become articulate, ambitious young people with the strength of character and the confidence to compete in a highly competitive world.
They demand and achieve high standards in all areas of school life within a disciplined, secure, caring and stimulating environment. They value and praise the successes of their students and staff. The school is held in high esteem by the local community and, as a consequence, is very popular and heavily oversubscribed. Alongside academic excellence they place a strong emphasis on impeccable manners, articulacy, excellent behaviour, smartness of appearance, hard work and kindness.
- Fantastic facilities, open plan learning environment
- Strong and established Business Studies and Enterprise department
- Key Stage 4 - 5 timetable, BTEC included
- Salary £32,157 - £50.935
You will be teaching Key Stage 4 and 5 and will need to be confident in delivering A Level Business Studies as well as BTEC to a high standard. The School are particularly keen to hear from Business Studies Teachers who have varied experience through a range of syllabus (although this is not essential).
Students and teachers alike enjoy lessons, which make for a positive and purposeful atmosphere throughout the school. This school is only looking to employ passionate educators, candidates who are prepared to fully immerse themselves in the school community, be willing to plan, prepare and deliver all lessons independently and take part in extra curricular activities.
This position will be starting in September on a permanent contract. If you are an ambitious Business Studies Teacher who has taught BTEC then this role should feature highly on your wish list. The school offers great training plus a clear and attainable path for promotion - many responsibility post holders have been promoted from within the departments.
Why work for this School?
- State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
- You'll be working in an OFSTED rated 'Outstanding' school
- Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
- Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site massage, weekly fruit, breakfast boxes, well-being garden, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
- Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.