Outstanding Girls Secondary School in Harrow seeks Key Stage 3 & 4 Business Studies Teacher to deliver a high standard of education to able and motivated students.
- Outstanding Girls School, Ofsted rated
- 37% GCSE grades 9 - 7 (inc. Eng & Maths)
- 87% A Level grades A* - C
- Business Studies Teacher
- £32,157 - £44,198 per annum
- Key Stage 5
- Permanent contract, September 2023
School Vision - Business Studies Teacher
'Learning today: Leading tomorrow' underpins their vision for all members of their diverse, vibrant community.
To realise the vision they are determined to be;
- an inspirational, inclusive learning school, with the highest expectations, where each person is enabled to achieve their personal best
- a community and family centred school where they work in partnership to empower, support and prepare young women with the resilience to meet local, national and global challenges
- a safe happy school, appreciative of their natural environment that recognises and aims to meet the diverse educational, social, physical and emotional needs of every individual
- a reflective and responsive school where strong and inspiring leadership is promoted with students and staff at every opportunity
- they encourage each girl to develop a wide range of skills and interests, to achieve her personal best and to work co-operatively with consideration for all members of our learning community at all times.
The School aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for each pupil which will help her achieve her best, develop her confidence and encourage her to be a thoughtful and active member of society. They consider that their aims for their pupils are best achieved through a close partnership between school and home, and they work together with parents to ensure their daughter's success.
The role - Business Studies Teacher
The School are looking for a specialist Business Studies Teacher; a capable practitioner, to continue the already strong teaching that has been offered in the department. Ideally you will have a track record of delivering high quality, engaging lessons that are rich in content and made relevant by relating to world issues. Many of the students go on to Russell Group Universities and they want to ensure that their progress towards this goal is facilitated. Key Stage 5 Business Studies teaching experience is essential so that you can seamlessly continue the good progress in the department. As a modern School, being able to offer another subject (preferably Economics) would be desirable. You will be working in a collaborative department that has a strong pool of resources available. Only a specialist Business Studies Teacher need apply.
This position starts in September 2023 and is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
Person Specification - Business Studies Teacher
- You will need to hold a recognised teaching qualification in the UK, to include QTS (or an appropriate overseas qualification leading to obtaining QTS), trained and qualified as Business Studies Teacher.
- The school are keen to hear from experienced Business Studies Teachers especially at Key Stage 4 & 5, if you have had experience teaching a range of syllabus on the National Curriculum then that would be an advantage.
- Confidence in your ability to plan, prepare and deliver lessons for high ability pupils at GCSE and A Level.
- A good team player, who has a can do attitude and sense of humour
- Ambitious and driven
- Business Studies Teacher
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre an post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.