Chemistry Teacher for Key Stages 3 - 5 - North London
- £29,915 - £45,766
- Outstanding, Top performing and ranked school in the UK
- Permanent Chemistry Teacher required - September 2022
- 96% A* - B at A Level (2021)
- 98% A* - B at GCSE (2021)
- Exceptional Science education offered to students
The School - North London
- Highly decorated Grammar School
- This is an outstanding training Secondary school that offers its teachers excellent support planning and its pupil's fantastic teaching.
- They provide a totally meritocratic environment, in which students reach their very considerable potential both in their academic and extra-curricular pursuits.
- The Secondary school's aim is to be committed to individual excellence, ensuring that all students fulfil their potential. They see Science education as a way to channel ambition, encourage expression and increase engagement. Many of the students go on to study Medicine and Veterinary Science.
- The school has strong leadership and a committed and dedicated team of staff.
- The school works very hard so that all students leave as mature and confident young people, who are exceptionally well prepared for their future lives in education and the world of work.
- Based in leafy, suburban North London, the school has an enviable array of facilities, space and equipment to facilitate the very best in Science lessons. Specifically they have state of the art laboratories and the science team is supported by an experienced teams of technician
The Role: Chemistry Teacher, September 2022
The School are looking for an outstanding chemist and teacher who has the ability to motivate and stretch able students, instilling a genuine enthusiasm for chemistry and science. The successful Chemistry Teacher will have a strong academic background and will be able to teach across the full range of our ability, up to and including Oxbridge entry.
Chemistry is taught as a separate discipline throughout the School and it is one of the most popular options at Advanced Level. Significant numbers progress to Natural Science and other related degrees, most notably medicine, at the country's most selective universities.
The new Chemistry Teacher will need to be able to work alongside the existing Chemistry Teacher team to maintain standards whilst ensuring that students' enthusiasm for the subject is encouraged through stimulating lessons complemented by a wide range of extra-curricular activities. All teachers at the School are encouraged to play a full part in the wider life of this thriving School.
They are happy to receive applications from experienced Chemistry Teachers, Newly Qualified Teachers and also from those without any formal teaching qualification. Those without QTS will be supported by a comprehensive initial teacher training programme so that they work towards secure the qualification whilst working at the School.
Key attributes required for successful Chemistry Teacher
- Outstanding subject knowledge, from talented Chemistry Teacher.
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with young people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A willingness to give generously of time beyond the timetabled school day to support pupils, school events and activities.
- A commitment to educational excellence and the ethos of the School.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a high performing Secondary School and can demonstrate the ability to deliver engaging and stretching lessons.
- Confidence in your ability to plan, prepare and deliver lessons for very academic students at all three Key Stages.
- Ambitious and driven
In return, the school can offer the following:
- A competitive salary with London weighting and pension scheme;
- A highly regarded middle and emergent leadership programme;
- A broad and wide ranging staff development programme, delivered by outstanding experts;
- Outstanding facilities and resources to support teaching and learning;
- A friendly and diverse student and staff community;
- Access to confidential emotional and practical advice support services.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.