Office Supervisor / Cover Manager
- Highly popular, Tower Hamlets based secondary school
- Fantastic working environment
- September 2022 start date.
- Strong SLT and excellent SENCO.
- Full time, Permanent position available, initially contract.
- Hugely positive and highly successful school
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
An Office Supervisor / Cover Manager is required for a truly exceptional Tower Hamlets school. The student's progress is consistently excellent for GCSE and A level, and our superb personal development offer means that over the last three years we have been national debating champions, enjoyed a host of sporting successes and won both the Incorporated Society of Musicians Gold Award and the Tower Hamlets Mayor's award for music.
You should be a well-qualified and talented Curriculum Administrator. You should have a strong academic and administrative background, a professional and approachable manner to support our administration team in leading our students to reach their full potential.
MAIN COVER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure that staff are trained to complete the cover process
- To ensure that the cover system runs efficiently and smoothly for both planned and unplanned absences.
- To ensure cover is arranged for lessons, registrations, site supervision including sixth form and duties including reset room, before school, lunch and after school.
- To work alongside the SLT lead in compiling and implementing the step-in timetable.
- To analyse absences and, in liaising with the SLT Lead, ensure that external supply is procured appropriately.
- Regularly provide SLT with an analysis of expenditure on external supply.
- Ensure that the General Office and Reception Teams provide all temporary staff with the required essential information. Ensure that staff absences are recorded on the school's administration system in accordance with the absence guidance policies.
- Ensure cover staff timesheets are completed accordingly. SPWT Mar 2022 Office Supervisor with Cover responsibilities Page 3 of 5
- Approve cover teacher invoices, ensuring they correlate with relevant timesheets.
- Generate purchase orders on PS financials for cover teacher invoices
- Liaise with agencies and negotiate rates for cover staff
- Book cover staff as necessary and provide feedback to agencies
- Generate the daily cover list and distribute to SLT, Years Teams and Admin Teams accordingly.
- To brief cover staff on arrival and provide cover packs for external cover staff, including photo registers of class lists, visitor & safeguarding information, fire evacuation procedures & school expectations.
- To provide feedback to teachers and SLT regarding cover supervisors and external cover.
- To oversee the booking of rooms, as requested by staff and action any re-rooming for events, ensuring staff are aware in advance.
Why might you choose to work in this school?
- Excellent student behaviour and highly supportive Senior Leadership Team.
- An Achievement-oriented culture where students work hard and it is cool to be smart.
- A warm/strict approach, meaning that our high standards do not come at the expense of inclusion.
- The belief that teaching must be a sustainable profession: clear systems and structures,
- sensible approach to feedback and no 'late night culture'.
Do you have:
- Education to a minimum standard of GCSE Grade A-C or equivalent?
- Experience of working with students with a range of additional needs?
- Awareness of issues related to student underachievement and barriers to their learning and participation?
- Excellent communication and organisational skills?
Contact Reeson Education now to apply for this brilliant Cover Manager post.
Please apply for this Cover Manager post now!
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%