An "Outstanding" School in Hillingdon, are looking to appoint a Drama Teacher to commence a full time, permanent role in September 2022. Whole school focus on the Performing Arts.
- Permanent vacancy
- Drama Teacher
- £32,308 - £47,139
- Outstanding School with cohesive, modern and caring Senior Leadership Team
- Full time vacancy
- Key Stage 3 - 4 (5 if you have offered it previously)
SCHOOL INFORMATION - Drama Teacher
We develop thoughtful, motivated and responsible young people with a global outlook. Our pupils are excited by the challenge of learning; we help them to thrive and find their own path to happiness and success through the range of opportunities presented by the School.
- To provide excellence in education
- To bring out the best in every individual child
- To develop moral integrity and the confidence in pupils to be themselves
- To nurture pupils from childhood to adulthood
- To build a sense of community and environmental awareness
To provide excellence in education
This is achieved by:
- Providing an optimum environment in which outstanding learning can take place
- Designing a forward looking curriculum which establishes strengths in the core subjects but is also broad and flexible enough to adapt to the demands of the 21st Century
- Equipping pupils with the tools and habits of mind that enable them to navigate the global environment
To bring out the best in every individual child
This is achieved by:
- Having high expectations of all pupils and a belief that everyone can achieve and succeed
- Promoting life-long learning and well-being
- Encouraging compassion and social responsibility in pupils through giving time, talents and treasures
- Providing a breadth of experiences and opportunities to enable pupils to find their niche
To develop moral integrity and the confidence in pupils to be themselves
This is achieved by:
- Practising respect and tolerance in our multi faith and multi-cultural environment, through an understanding of Foundation values and traditions
- Enabling pupils to find the courage to stand up for what they believe in
- Providing opportunities to develop socially responsible pupils
- Encouraging pupils to be self-aware, resilient and to celebrate their individuality
The School is delighted to celebrate the excellent performance of their pupils in their GCSE examinations. With 57% of passes at grades 9 to 7 (A*/A equivalent), and 78% at grades 9 to 6 (A* to B equivalent), this year's cohort has risen to the challenge with great success; 12 pupils are to be particularly commended for achieving nine or more grades 8 or 9 (A* equivalent) and over a third of all passes were at these two top grades.
REQUIREMENTS - Drama Teacher
Applications are welcome from Drama Teacher at any stage in their career including ECT's as the school has a reputation for providing outstanding support and professional development training. Drama Teachers and overseas trained Drama Teachers will be considered for this position, but applicants should have UK QTS or an overseas formal secondary school teaching qualification recognised in the UK. Ideally you will have experience of working in a London Secondary School and can demonstrate the ability to differentiate lessons accordingly.
THE ROLE - Drama Teacher
Permanent vacancy offered on a full time basis working with a good sized Performing Arts department who range in experience. Resources are well planned and shared throughout the team and a collaborative working environment which fosters success is evident. You will be teaching Key Stages 3 and 4 with the opportunity to offer Key Stage 5 if you can demonstrate the ability to do so. You will be educating motivated students who want to succeed. The School has fantastic facilities with leading Drama, Music and performance studios and suites.
As a member of staff you will experience a collaborative professional community, with quality development opportunities to inspire our students. Staff well being is of high importance and staff will be trusted and valued. They constantly push so that the School is a great place where everyone works together on a daily basis to be their best.
In return, the school can offer the successful Drama Teacher the following:
- A highly regarded progression pathway with middle and emergent leadership programme;
- A broad and wide ranging staff development programme, delivered by outstanding experts;
- Outstanding facilities and resources to support teaching and learning;
- A friendly and diverse student and staff community;
- Access to confidential emotional and practical advice support services.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.