Location: Redhill, Surrey (Easily accessed from Clapham Junction, East Croydon, London Bridge and Victoria)
Start date: 19 February 2024
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: 5 Months
Specialism: Graphic Design and Resistant Materials
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
Reeson Education are supporting a Secondary School in Redhill Surrey, who require a qualified DT Teacher from February 2024.
To be considered for this role, you must be a qualified DT Teacher dedicated to helping students achieve their potential and more.
The successful candidate will be a strong practitioner with a passion for their subject, and have experience teaching Graphic Design and Resistant Materials.
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational DT Teacher to join a successful team and support students across KS3/4.
The School - DT Teacher - Outstanding Secondary School - Redhill - February 2024
Based in Redhill, the school is proud to serve 1,800 boys and girls of all abilities, aged 11-18 from Reigate, Redhill, Caterham, Horley and the surrounding areas. Easily accessed from London Bridge and Victoria train stations, the school has an Anglican, Catholic and Free Church foundation and works hard to create an inclusive ethos. Their aim is to ensure that pupils thrive academically, socially and spiritually within a Christian framework.
Ofsted carried out an inspection in 2023 and judged the school Outstanding in every category. The report acknowledged that pupils make exceptional progress in all year groups and in almost all subjects. Disadvantaged pupils and those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities also make rapid progress. The inspection highlighted the teaching in the sixth form as consistently challenging and as a result, students are motivated to learn and achieve excellent outcomes. The schools' attainment and progress scores at GCSE and A-level are consistently above national averages.
Job Description - DT Teacher - Outstanding Secondary School - Redhill - February 2024
The successful DT Teacher will be responsible for providing a friendly, stimulating, and inclusive environment in which every student can develop academically, socially and personally.
The DT Teacher is responsible for their students' academic progress in the subject and must:
- Ensure that students are taught in line with the most up to date examination specification.
- Adhere to the departmental schemes of work.
- Keep records of student's attendance in lessons via SIMS.
- Follow the guidelines for high quality teaching as defined in the Staff Handbook
- Setting, marking, and assessing work as stated in the staff handbook
- Use of resources; checking of student files; learning support; use of ICT; health and safety procedures
- Classroom management as defined in the school's classroom management and behaviour policy.
- Attend in-service training and classroom observation plus feedback sessions as requested by the Head of Department.
The Offer - DT Teacher - Outstanding Secondary School, Redhill - February 2024
- This is a full-time contract starting in February 2024
- The school offers a comprehensive CPD programme involving learning pathways for all staff
- The school offers a programme for aspiring middle and senior leaders
- Candidates wishing to commence their ECT training are encouraged to apply
DT Teacher - Outstanding Secondary School - Redhill - February 2024
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%