Location: Redhill, Surrey (Easily accessed from London Bridge and Victoria train stations)
Start date: September 2022
Contract type: Full-Time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: MPS / UPS
Suitable for ECTs: Yes
Reeson Education are supporting a secondary school in Redhill Surrey, who require a qualified DT Teacher for a full-time role starting in September 2022.
The school is looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Design and Technology to join their well-resourced and friendly DT team. This role will involve teaching a mix of KS3, KS4 & KS5 classes across a range of DT Topics.
The successful candidate for this role would be expected to teach across a range of DT specialisms primarily within KS3 with projects covering elements of Resistant Materials, Product Design, Engineering, Graphics and Electronics.
The School - DT Teacher - Redhill, Surrey
Based in Redhill, the school is proud to serve 1,800 boys and girls of all abilities, aged 11-18 from Reigate, Redhill, Caterham, Horley and the surrounding areas. Easily accessed from London Bridge and Victoria train stations, the school has an Anglican, Catholic and Free Church foundation and works hard to create an inclusive ethos. Their aim is to ensure that pupils thrive academically, socially and spiritually within a Christian framework.
Ofsted carried out an inspection in 2017 and judged the school outstanding in every category. The report acknowledged that pupils make exceptional progress in all year groups and in almost all subjects. Disadvantaged pupils and those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities also make rapid progress. The inspection highlighted the teaching in the sixth form as consistently challenging and as a result, students are motivated to learn and achieve excellent outcomes. The school's attainment and progress scores at GCSE and A-level are consistently above national averages.
The Department - DT Teacher - Redhill, Surrey
- The department is forward thinking & well-resourced, with access to well-equipped workshops, dedicated IT suites, 3D printers and laser cutters,
- DT is a very popular KS4 option subject, with many pupils electing to take a DT subject each year at KS4 and KS5.
- The schools also offer DT A-Level in Product Design with strong student's numbers opting to take this each year.
Key Accountabilities - DT Teacher - Redhill, Surrey
- To teach DT within the 11 - 18 age range
- To assist in the development of programmes of study, materials and schemes of work and participate in professional development programmes
- To follow school policies and procedures in respect of the duties of a classroom teacher and form tutor
- To perform the duties of a Form Tutor (as required)
- To contribute to the cultural and community life of the school, particularly through leadership of agreed activities within the extra-curricular programme
The Offer - DT Teacher - Redhill, Surrey
- This is a full-time permanent contract starting in September 2022
- The school offers a comprehensive CPD programme involving learning pathways for all staff
- The school offers a programme for aspiring middle and senior leaders
- Candidates wishing to commence their ECTs are encouraged to apply
Reeson Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the core values of honesty, integrity, and excellence. We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.