Salary: Inner London Pay Scale 1/2 - Scale point 1-4 = £21,816 - £23,016 (pro rata)
Contract Type: 39 weeks per annum (Term Time Only)
Hours: 21 hours per week (initially)
Start Date: September 2021
Reeson Education are supporting a large secondary school in Lambeth south London who are seeking an experienced DT Technician to join their team for the new academic year.
The school are looking for an individual who has a passion for and interest in supporting students to develop their D&T skills. You will be required to work with teaching staff and students to prepare materials for lessons and maintain equipment. It is essential that you are able to support students in the workshop and food room; helping students to manufacture their products, working with a range of materials and equipment. The post-holder will also be responsible for keeping the department and its equipment safe, tidy, and well-stocked.
Applicants with previous ART, DT or Food Technician experience are encouraged to apply.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Degree Educated with prior experience as a technician
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- An enthusiasm for education
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and written as you will be supporting the students learning in the classroom
- An abundance of patience and physical dexterity
- The ability to establish professional and supportive relationships
In addition to the salary, the school are offering the following:
- Strong Continuous Professional Development programme
- Supportive staff and community who want you to feel like you are coming to work with family
- Opportunities to learn from and network across the Academy trust
- Generous annual leave allowance and a competitive pension, with defined benefits and life cover
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%