An "Outstanding" Independent School in Barnet, are looking to appoint an Economics Teacher to commence a full time permanent role in February 2023.
- £32,157 - £44,290
- Small class sizes
- A Level teaching only
- Strong academic success, from academically able students
We develop thoughtful, motivated and responsible young people with a global outlook. Our pupils are excited by the challenge of learning; we help them to thrive and find their own path to happiness and success through the range of opportunities presented by the School.
- To provide excellence in education
- To bring out the best in every individual child
- To develop moral integrity and the confidence in pupils to be themselves
- To nurture pupils from childhood to adulthood
- To build a sense of community and environmental awareness
To provide excellence in education
This is achieved by:
- Providing an optimum environment in which outstanding learning can take place
- Designing a forward looking curriculum which establishes strengths in the core subjects but is also broad and flexible enough to adapt to the demands of the 21st Century
- Equipping pupils with the tools and habits of mind that enable them to navigate the global environment
To bring out the best in every individual child
This is achieved by:
- Having high expectations of all pupils and a belief that everyone can achieve and succeed
- Promoting life-long learning and well-being
- Encouraging compassion and social responsibility in pupils through giving time, talents and treasures
- Providing a breadth of experiences and opportunities to enable pupils to find their niche
To develop moral integrity and the confidence in pupils to be themselves
This is achieved by:
- Practising respect and tolerance in our multi faith and multi-cultural environment, through an understanding of Foundation values and traditions
- Enabling pupils to find the courage to stand up for what they believe in
- Providing opportunities to develop socially responsible pupils
- Encouraging pupils to be self-aware, resilient and to celebrate their individuality
- Motivating pupils to recognise the local, national and international context of their own education
A Level Results
An excellent set of A Level results has enabled a large proportion of this year's leavers to secure places at their university of choice in their chosen field of study, with over 35% of passes at A*/A, compared to the UK average of 25%.
The School is delighted to celebrate the excellent performance of their pupils in their GCSE examinations. With 57% of passes at grades 9 to 7 (A*/A equivalent), and 78% at grades 9 to 6 (A* to B equivalent), this year's cohort has risen to the challenge with great success; 12 pupils are to be particularly commended for achieving nine or more grades 8 or 9 (A* equivalent) and over a third of all passes were at these two top grades.
REQUIREMENTS - Economics Teacher
Applications are welcome from teachers at any stage in their career including ECT's. Economics teachers and overseas trained Economics teachers will be considered for this position, but applicants should have UK QTS, an overseas formal secondary school teaching qualification recognised in the UK or if not have experience teaching A Level students in an Independent School or College. Ideally you will have experience of working in a London Secondary School and if any of this experience was in the independent sector that would be beneficial.
THE ROLE - Economics Teacher
Working on a full time basis with a good sized Economics department who range in experience. Resources are well planned and shared throughout the team and a collaborative working environment which fosters success is evident. The department is supported by a well qualified and experienced team of technicians. You will be teaching Key Stages 5 and educating motivated students who want to succeed.
As a member of staff you will experience a collaborative professional community, with quality development opportunities to inspire our students. Staff wellbeing is of high importance and staff will be trusted and valued. They constantly push so that the School is a great place where everyone works together on a daily basis to be their best.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre an post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.