English Teacher - SEMH School
* Outstanding Independent School for Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH)
* Attractive salary based upon experience
* Permanent Position to commence September 2020
Do you have a specialism and passion for English?
Are you a Teacher with confidence in managing challenging emotional needs and behaviours?
Would you like to make a difference to the lives of young people with complex needs?
THE SCHOOL & JOB
I am seeking to appoint a Secondary SEMH English Teacher - for an outstanding independent special needs school in East London that caters to students between the ages of 11 and 19, who have SEMH needs. The school has an exceptional reputation and fantastic facilities. They believe strongly that a rounded, engaging education that stretches students leads to successful learning and enables their pupils to achieve their potential and live independent, fruitful and rounded lives. This success is achieved through positive experiences and as a result all staff strive to create a school day that is motivating, rewarding and purposeful for each young person. Students have various diagnosed needs including SEMH, ADHD, ASD and Dyslexia.
I am looking for a talented teacher of English to join the school's friendly, cohesive and collegial team. This is an exciting time to be joining as they are going through a period of expansion due to their success in the East London boroughs and with a waitlist of pupils being referred. Pupils attend for both short and longer term placements depending upon their needs and the Independent School works closely with parents, previous Schools and Social Workers to provide the best outcomes. As a Teacher of English you will be tasked with teaching English Language and Literature in 1-1 and small group sessions up to GCSE Level.
The school provides a full Training Programme to supplement teaching skills and you will have the benefit of working alongside our experienced in-house multidisciplinary team of therapists, counsellors and behavioural analysist.
If you are looking for a new challenge in your career, this could be the perfect place to take the next exciting step in your journey!
If you are:
* A good / outstanding Teacher of English with QTS
* Able to teach the Secondary Curriculum across KS 3 and KS 4 including Entry Level and GCSE qualifications
* Experienced in and passionate about working with pupils who display challenging behaviour
* Enthusiastic, dedicated and resilient
* Committed to raising standards and improving pupil's life chances to achieve their potential
* A flexible team player
Then please apply now! We look forward to recieving your application.