- English Teacher required for SEMH School
- SEMH Teacher KS3/KS4
- Harrow SEMH School
- Excellent Facilities
- Comprehensive Regular CPD
- January 2020 Start or earlier
- 1 Year Assignment
- Full Time
- Salary MPS - UPS Equivalent
Reeson Education are currently seeking an English teacher for a PRU/SEMH School for September 2020. The school caters for children aged 11-16 year olds that are diagnosed with SEMH, autism and learning difficulties. If you are ready to inspire students and have a love of English Reeson Education would be interested in hearing from you. You will be responsible for pupils diagnosied with SEMH and are on the EHCP. You will have the ability to plan and deliver a personalised curriculum that is relevant and motivating for children on the autism spectrum. You should be able to have potential to develop skills in order to work with pupils with complex needs in addition to autism spectrum disorder, such as ADHD, OCD and PDA.
Summary of role
- English Teacher will be responsible for high quality SEMH/autism specific education and development of a class / group of children with SEMH/ASD.
- To have the potential to develop skills in order to work with pupils with complex needs in addition to autism spectrum disorder, such as ADHD, OCD and PDA
- To be responsible for planning implementing and delivering a personalised curriculum to individual children and groups that is relevant and motivating for each child.
- Ensure continuity across the curriculum and contribute to joint planning.
- Experience of teaching in a Special/PRU School environment
- Experience working with young people with SEMH/ASD
- Experience of working with young people with complex needs, including OCD, PDA, ADHD
- Experience of successfully delivering a differentiated curriculum to pupils with a wide range of needs
Must have the following
- Teaching degree/certificate of education
- Qualified Teacher status