A mixed comprehensive School in Ealing seek an enthusiastic, fully qualified English Teacher to take on a permanent contract commencing in February 2024
English Teacher - February 2024
- English Teacher
- £34,247 - £52,463
- Key Stages 3 - 4
- Full time position
- Well-resourced and managed department
- Students demonstrate great aptitude and engagement in English, literature and related studies
SCHOOL INFORMATION - English Teacher
The school is based in a thriving area of West London, Ealing and is easily accessed by public transport or car. They were rated as "Good with Outstanding features" by OFSTED in its most recent inspection. This Secondary School prides itself on an excellent all-round education that its students leave with, many of whom go on to higher education and skilled vocational employment. They have strong relationships with the local community and parents/carers of the student body.
The School firmly believes in opportunities through learning and how they can shape futures if potential is realised. They believe that this means that every child who enters the School from year 7 through to year 13, should have:
- Opportunities to feel welcomed into a caring and encouraging ethos
- Opportunities to engage in the rich and varied curriculum offered at the school
- Opportunities to have the highest quality of education through outstanding teaching, learning and pastoral care
- Opportunities to feel a sense of belonging by fully embracing all the extra-curricular activities
They have a vision is to empower students so that they are able to take control of their own future and have enhanced life chances as a result of learning with them. They have very high expectations for the achievement of all of their students which is evidenced with consistently good examination results. At the heart of everything they do are their students. The curriculum is student-centred and they aim for their education to be inspiring, stimulating and challenging.
They demand and achieve high standards in all areas of school life within a disciplined, secure, caring and stimulating environment. They value and praise the successes of their students and staff. The school is held in high esteem by the local community and, as a consequence, is very popular and heavily oversubscribed. Students at the school make excellent progress and achieve good examination results in both GCSE and vocational qualifications.
Additional information - English Teacher
- Fantastic facilities, open plan learning environment
- Strong and established English department
- Key Stage 3 - 4 timetable (with option for Key Stage 5 for the right applicant)
- Salary £32,157 - £50,935
THE ROLE - English Teacher
You will be teaching Key Stage 3 - 4 and will need to be confident in delivering English to a high standard. The School are particularly keen to hear from English Teachers who have varied experience through a range of syllabus (although this is not essential). A passion for reading, literacy and the arts is desirable as is the ability to enthuse students who may not share the same interests.
Students and teachers alike enjoy lessons, which make for a positive and purposeful atmosphere throughout the school. This school is only looking to employ passionate educators, candidates who are prepared to fully immerse themselves in the school community, be willing to plan, prepare and deliver all lessons independently and take part in extra curricular activities.
This position will be starting in February on a permanent contract. If you are an ambitious English Teacher who has taught Key Stages 3 - 4 then this role should feature highly on your wish list. The school offers great training plus a clear and attainable path for promotion - many responsibility post holders have been promoted from within the departments.
Why work for this School? English Teacher
- State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
- You'll be working in a School that OFSTED continually praises for its performance
- Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
- Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site massage, weekly fruit, breakfast boxes, well-being garden, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
- Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.