SEN English Tutor
SEN English Tutor
Camden SEN College
Part Time 0.6 Timetable - Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
The SEN English Tutor Vacancy
My client is a SEND charity based on their College site in Camden which provides education for students with Autism and moderate learning difficulties that result in developmental delay as well as support for their families. The charity works to support independence, empowerment and involvement in the community for disabled people, children and young people, parents and families.They provide education provision for young people with a learning disability aged 16 - 25 as well as running family services offering support to families with significant needs, with children aged 0 - 18 years old.
They are looking for enthusiastic and committed SEN English Tutor to join their team for an ongoing assignment starting ASAP. I am interested in hearing from teachers, tutors or lecturers who have experience working in an SEN college with RARPA or ASDAN experience. A recognised teaching qualification is not essential but the successful Maths Tutor must have teaching experience and either experience or interest in special needs education.
This is a part time position with a Monday, Wednesday and Thursday teaching timetable.
- The SEN English Tutor vacancy is working in a happy and vibrant Camden SEN community where autistic children and young people learn and flourish.
- All pupils have a diagnosis of moderate learning difficulties or autism and have their own Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
- Pupils are at the moderate end of the autistic spectrum and are accessing a Maths curriculum based around entry levels with progress assessed and documented through Recognising and Recording Progress and Achievement (RARPA) principles.
The SEN English Tutor Role
- This SEN English Tutor role will also include other work related teaching activities.
- The successful applicant will bring creativity and innovation to developing a holistic curriculum designed to meet the needs of the individual students.
- They are looking for a dedicated Maths Tutor as a temporary member of their staff team who will bring an engaging personality and a sense of humour to the work of the school.
The Successful SEN English Tutor Will Demonstrate
- Excellent and innovative classroom practice with the ability to engage and motivate all learners;
- A clear commitment towards raising standards and expectations to enable all learners to reach their potential;
- A demonstrable record of outstanding classroom practice
- Commitment to child protection procedures and policy and a clear understanding of safeguarding, especially as it relates to vulnerable students.
- The ability to successfully liaise with parents, sometimes in challenging situations.
- Experience of working within a Special School is not a pre-requisite for this position. Rather, an interest and enthusiasm for developing within this exciting, challenging and rewarding area of education is key.
English Tutor Benefits
- Outstanding Work Environment
- Excellent Facilities
- Good Public Transport Links + Ample Parking
- Interview ASAP
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%