Outstanding Secondary School in Harrow seeks Key Stage 3 & 4 French Teacher to deliver a high standard of education to able and motivated students. Top 100 schools in the country based on last years exam results.
- Outstanding School, Ofsted rated
- 36% GCSE grades 9 - 7 (inc. Eng & Maths)
- 85% A Level grades A* - C
- French Teacher
- £32,157 - £47,159
- Key Stage 3 & 4
- Permanent contract, September 2022
School vision and values - French Teacher
They aim to provide the best possible education for all their students by:
- Promoting a broad and balanced curriculum in which students take an active part in their own learning.
- Recognising the needs of individuals, placing suitable high demands on them and stimulating them to achieve success.
- Encouraging students to aim for the highest standards of work and behaviour at all times.
- Creating an ordered and friendly community where relationships are positive and founded on courtesy, respect and shared values.
- Acknowledging the importance of links between home, school and the wider community.
- Maintaining a spirit of constructive self-criticism, regularly considering improvements to existing practice.
They are a mixed comprehensive school with an excellent record of achievement. Students achieve the highest standards of work and behaviour in a positive, friendly but disciplined atmosphere. The highly-qualified staff are committed to ensuring all students reach their full potential, and they work closely with parents to achieve this.
In 2015, they were delighted that Ofsted again judged the school to be Outstanding in all areas, including the Sixth Form. The inspection team commented on the "outstanding progress" and "exemplary behaviour" demonstrated by their students, the "commitment to making sure that all students achieve their best" and the "exceptional" support for spiritual, moral, social and cultural development which the students receive.
The School aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for each pupil which will help her achieve her best, develop her confidence and encourage her to be a thoughtful and active member of society. They consider that their aims for their pupils are best achieved through a close partnership between school and home, and they work together with parents to ensure their daughter's success.
The role - French Teacher
The School are looking for a specialist French Teacher, ideally someone who can offer either Spanish or German as a second subsidiary language; a capable practitioner, to continue the already strong teaching that has been offered in the department. Ideally you will have a track record of delivering high quality, engaging lessons that are rich in content and made relevant by relating to world issues. Many of the students go on to Russell Group Universities and they want to ensure that their progress towards this goal is facilitated. Key Stage 3 & 4 French teaching experience is essential so that you can seamlessly continue the good progress in the department. The modern foreign languages curriculum, as you will know, requires you to deliver modern lessons utilising the best technology which is integrated into all learning. You will be working in a collaborative department that has a strong pool of resources available. Only a specialist French Teacher need apply and you will need to have trained in the UK and earned a recognised teaching qualification with QTS (ECTs welcome to apply) or be an overseas trained teacher, eligible for QTS who has at least 6 months teaching experience through Key Stages 3 & 4 in the UK.
Person Specification - French Teacher
- You will need to hold a recognised teaching qualification in the UK, to include QTS (or an appropriate overseas qualification leading to obtaining QTS), trained and qualified as a French Teacher, modern foreign languages teacher.
- The school are keen to hear from experienced French Teachers especially at Key Stage 4, if you have had experience teaching a range of syllabus on the National Curriculum then that would be an advantage.
- Confidence in your ability to plan, prepare and deliver lessons for mixed ability pupils at GCSE.
- A good team player, who has a can do attitude and sense of humour
- Ambitious and driven
- French Teacher
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre an post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.