Geography Teacher (Full or Part Time available)
- Highly popular, independent school based in Kensington
- Fantastic working environment with small classes and lots of support.
- This is an 11 18 secondary school.
- Fantastic Headteacher.
- Part or Full-time position available.
- Hugely positive and encouraging environment, small classes, fantastic resources.
About the school looking for a Geography Teacher:
This is a 11-18 girls school situated within the heart of Knightsbridge. Class sizes are small - normally in the region of 16 girls, although some classes are smaller. There is good provision for a number of pupils who have either mild SpLD or English as a second or additional language. Results at GCSE, AS, and A2 are good and the School has a very good record for Value Added. Pupils often move onto a wide range of respected universities.
Relationships between pupils and Staff are excellent and visitors often remark on the family atmosphere of the School. The attitude of the girls towards one another, and to the Common Good was rated as 'outstanding' in the last Inspection.
About the Geography Department:
The Geography Department is a collaborative and supportive department with a reputation for the innovative integration of technology into lessons. The department is working towards the school-wide introduction of 1-2-1 devices in all lessons from September and it would be beneficial to have experience in incorporating technology effectively in geography teaching. There is one full-time Head of Department and two part-time teachers who teach across all year groups in the school. The Department has a set of virtual reality headsets which can be used to bring the outdoors into the classroom.
In Year 7, 8 and 9, students follow a bespoke curriculum that provides the framework for further study at GCSE level. Field trips to Kew Gardens, the Natural History Museum and the Royal Geographic Society take place in KS3. Geography remains a popular subject at both GCSE and A Level. At GCSE, students study Geography Edexcel A and enjoy three days in Taunton to complete the fieldwork component of the course. Students go on to study Edexcel Geography at A Level, with five days of fieldwork in Year 12. Willingness to accompany students on these field trips is advantageous.
The department is open, encouraging and forward-thinking and there is a willingness to support each other. There is the opportunity to introduce new ideas, participate in cross-curricular teaching and to develop a supportive relationship with students and parents. More House is a small school in a big city, with many opportunities to explore the world beyond our doors, making it the perfect place from which to teach Geography. The students describe the school as a family and this feeling is shared by the staff, making More House a fantastic work environment.
Ideally the school will find a Geography Teacher who:
- Is passionate about working with young people.
- Can motivate and inspire pupils to build on their current achievements
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to collaborative working
- Is committed to working in a positive environment, with a commitment to academic success and personal development
- Has an excellent track record of teaching students across the secondary age range.
- Is resilient and has a great sense of humour.
- can promote and maintain the highest standards in all aspects of the work in the school
About this excellent school & what they can offer you:
- a student body who are lively, with good energy.
- colleagues who will be supportive and committed to improving outcomes for the students
- an excellent learning environment
- a school who will be committed to your professional development
- work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated.
Contact Reeson Education now to apply for this amazing post.
Please apply now!
Reeson Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the core values of honesty, integrity, and excellence. We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%