Outstanding School seeks team of Graduates to act as tutors, mentors and learning assistants in various subject areas. Excellent pay.
- Brand new, Outstanding School, Key Stage 3 students only (ages 11 - 14)
- Graduate Tutor, Academic Mentor
- £17,364 - £25,801
- 12 month or permanent contract
- Opportunity to gain experience in Secondary setting - superb for teacher training application
- All subject areas considered, you must have a related undergraduate degree
- Lively, interesting and fun support department
- Great school leadership
School Information - Graduate
They have the highest expectations of their students, and believe that with high expectations students can achieve anything. All curriculum and leadership decisions are driven through their core values, focusing at all times at what is best for the students.
They believe that school is preparation for life, so on top of having the highest of expectations they also provide a wide curriculum that is designed to give students a breadth of educational experiences that enable them to excel in various fields and therefore open up future possibilities.
The success is mirrored by their sister school who routinely achieve some of the best results in London and are well above national average. Behaviour is good, students are engaged and respectful and the staff team are motivated and friendly.
The role - Graduate
The school caters for students across the age and ability range and currently have learners who display a range of needs. As such they would like to appoint well qualified graduates who can work as learning mentors and Graduate Teaching Assistants to work on a 1:1 and small group basis to focus raising attainment, participation, confidence and self esteem. The ideal candidate will be someone who is interested in applying for a teaching training program for September 2023 or a graduate who is passionate about young people and wants to inspire others. The school invests heavily in the support department and you would be joining a growing team of graduates.
If you have worked as a mentor or tutor at University and are considering gaining experience in a secondary school setting then this is an ideal placement.
The School has learners who display interest, aptitude and desire to succeed so are keen to reward this by building a team of subject specialist graduates to help students reach their potential.
ASPECTS OF JOB ROLE OF GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT
Some typical responsibilities include:
- Working with school staff to select students for mentoring
- Discussing the aims of mentoring with pupils
- Supporting pupils inside and outside of the classroom
- Agreeing and writing action plans
- On occasion making home visits to talk to parents about issues and to offer advice about strategies to deal with problems
- Liaising with schools, teachers, social workers and educational psychologists and making referrals where appropriate
- Organising and running drop-in sessions and music and sports events for pupils
- Aiding pupils with the transition to secondary education
- Helping pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.