Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate SEND Teaching Assistant job, Southwark, ASD support, potential teacher training
An outstanding rated Primary SEN School in Southwark is looking to fill a Learning Support Assistant job in Key Stage 3 supporting Autism. The job will involve working 1:1 and in small groups with autistic children, providing consistency and support to their daily learning routines. You will also be offering the class teacher support with planning and preparing class lessons and activities, supporting lower academic ability groups of children and offering class support whenever necessary.
The school has been rated Outstanding by Ofsted due to its team of talented and devoted staff. They have been successful with even the most challenging of pupils with Autism, complex behaviours and barriers to learning.
In order to be considered for this job you must:
- Ideally have previous referenceable experience of working in a similar role, particularly within a School or alternative provision or Tutoring experience
- Be a driven and enthusiastic individual
- Be passionate about the education of children
- Have an excellent knowledge of child safeguarding and protection procedures and the UK National Curriculum
- Be degree educated
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be fluent in English
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to become a Teacher in the near future due to the schools excellent Teacher Training schemes and supportive environment.
Please apply below!