A fantastic School in Central North London are looking to appoint a team of graduates who are interested in gaining 6 months of experience in a secondary school before applying for teacher training in September 2021. They would also consider applications from graduates who are passionate about working with young people who are not looking to become a teacher. The role will be to inspire, motivate and increase attainment and participation in core subject areas.
- Fantastic Grade 1 Ofsted 11 - 18 School
- 6 month position to work as a learning mentor/teaching assistant
- Opportunity to gain experience in Secondary setting - superb for teacher training application
- Great rates of pay
- All subject areas considered, you must have a related undergraduate degree
- Lively, interesting and fun support department
- Great school leadership
The school caters for students across the age and ability range and currently have learners who display a range of needs. As such they would like to appoint well qualified graduates who can work as learning mentors and teaching assistants to work on a 1:1 and small group basis to focus raising attainment, participation, confidence and self esteem. The ideal candidate will be someone who is interested in applying for a teaching training program for September 2021 or a graduate who is passionate about young people and wants to inspire others. The school invests heavily in the support department and you would be joining a growing team of graduates.
If you have worked as a mentor or tutor at University and are considering gaining experience in a secondary school setting then this is an ideal placement.
The School has learners who display interest, aptitude and desire to succeed so are keen to reward this by building a team of subject specialist graduates to help students reach their potential.
ASPECTS OF JOB ROLE
Some typical responsibilities include:
- Working with school staff to select students for mentoring
- Discussing the aims of mentoring with pupils
- Supporting pupils inside and outside of the classroom
- Agreeing and writing action plans
- On occasion making home visits to talk to parents about issues and to offer advice about strategies to deal with problems
- Liaising with schools, teachers, social workers and educational psychologists and making referrals where appropriate
- Organising and running drop-in sessions and music and sports events for pupils
- Aiding pupils with the transition to secondary education
- Helping pupils to increase their confidence and self-esteem by listening to them and devising appropriate strategies
If you have school experience already and have worked in another local primary or secondary school and would like the opportunity to secure a position to start in September on a full time 1 year basis then please email a copy of your CV to me or apply to this advert as the school would like to interview over the coming weeks.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you get:
- Top rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre an post placement
- Opportunities to progress your career
- CPD courses
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive future roles in London
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%