HEAD OF BIOLOGY POST IN OUTSTANDING REDBRIDGE SCHOOL
Excellent secondary comprehensive School in the London Borough of Redbridge, are looking for a Head of Biology to join their fantastic Science department in September 2023
- Outer London Main / Upper Pay Scale + TLR 2A
- Full time Science and Biology Teacher post
- Strong Senior Leadership Team
- Extremely forward-thinking school.
- 6thForm Biology Teaching as part of the Biology Teacher timetable,
ABOUT THE SCIENCE / BIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Would you like to be part of a Science Department that is supportive, committed, experienced and takes pride in delivering innovative and enjoyable lessons to inspire a love of Science? Please apply to join this fantastic school from September 2023.
This school are seeking to appoint an ambitious and highly effective and experienced Biology Teacher who has taught KS3 Science through to KS5 Biology. The Science department operates in a fully consultative and supportive manner and there is a strong sense of collegiality.
THE SUCCESSFUL BIOLOGY TEACHER WILL:
- Be able to teach all Sciences up to KS4 and Biology up to KS5
- Current knowledge of curriculum developments and issues in subject area
- Understanding of the development of study skills, independent learning and assessment
- Proven record of promoting high student achievement
- High level learning and teaching skills
- The ability to motivate and inspire both staff and students.
- The ability to delegate and consult effectively.
- Very good organisational and management skills
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be flexible and a good team player.
WHY BE A BIOLOGY TEACHER IN THIS SCHOOL:
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work with a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL LOOKIG FOR A HEAD OF BIOLOGY TEACHER
This is a high performing school, rated as 'Outstanding' in their last Ofsted Inspection. The school is rated very highly for progress and over 80% of students achieve a grade 4 or higher in English and Maths. Within the local area, this school is considered to be the highest performing.
Location: The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, which is a very high achieving borough. There are excellent transport links to central and outer London. Out local tube station (zone 4 on the Central Line) is only a four-minute walk away.
PLEASE APPLY FOR THIS HEAD OF BIOLOGY TEACHER POST ASAP
EXPERIENCED OR ASPIRING HEADS OF BIOLOGY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.