We are looking for a Head of Classics to join our sought after Independent School, based in Hammersmith and Fulham from January 2021.
About the role as Head of Classics:
We are looking for a committed, passionate, enthusiastic and experienced teacher to lead the Classics Department at our Independent working with children from Year 3 to Year 8. This is an exciting opportunity to lead an academic department. The successful applicant will join a thriving team and help to contribute to the excellent provision of Classics at an exciting time for the School. We are developing both our facilities and our curriculum this year and looking ahead, so there is a real opportunity to play a role in how our provision takes shape over coming years.
Head of Classics role Summary
- To lead and deliver an outstanding Classics curriculum for all pupils.
- The Head of Classics has direct responsibility for the subject in Y5 to Y8, ensuring the highest standards of teaching and learning are achieved
- Instil a passion for learning, with a dynamic and imaginative approach to teaching and the design of the curriculum
About the school
An independent co-educational school for children from Reception upwards. Co-education and celebrating diverse abilities across academic, creative and sporting pursuits are at the heart of all we do. Teachers are expected to play a full role in the pastoral and extracurricular life of the school. Our campuses are located in the heart of Fulham and well-connected to public transport routes.
- Recognised Degree in Classics or closely related subject
- Strong academic, creative and intellectual credentials
- A commitment to professional development of self and others
- Knowledge and understanding of Classics teaching from Year 3 to Year 8
- Proven experience of teaching pupils in at least 2 Key Stages
If this roles sounds of interest then please send your CV to Luke at Reeson Education today.