A new exciting opportunity for an exceptional, qualified teacher to work within a talented, highly motivated and supportive team of teachers within this Outstanding Schools Science Department as Head of Science is available for September 2021.
- £38,052 - £45,766 plus TLR (up to an additional £11,980)
- Head of Science
- Outstanding School
- Truly inspirational leadership team
- Science is in the DNA of the School and the Headteacher, and members of SLT are science teachers
- Team of excellent specialist science teachers, to cohesively manage
School ethos and approach
They want all staff to thrive and model leadership and determination to the students and pupils within their rich and diverse community.
They empower their teams by valuing the individual and ensuring personal development. This is delivered through weekly CPD sessions, frequent line management meetings and allowing staff to have their voice and develop their own ideas and projects. Staff wellbeing is key to creating a friendly supportive community within the school. Guided by an internal wellbeing committee they have a wide range of initiatives designed to improve the motivation and lives of their staff.
Their key principles are to:
- Deliver a broad curriculum that promotes academic excellence and exceptional progress across the ability range.
- Foster a spirit of kindness, tolerance and responsibility which will allow each student to grow in character as an individual and as a community member.
- Allow students to excel in the science, sports, music and the arts.
- Encourage students to progress to higher education.
- Promote a high number of students to study maths, science and the classical subjects at University.
The role - Head of Science
To take on the broad scope of responsibility to head a professional community of lead practitioners, TLR postholders and classroom teachers to ensure high attainment within Science across all key stages of the curriculum. You will lead a highly effective and successful team, nurturing your people and modelling excellence across your daily practice. This is focused on a collective drive to develop an exciting curriculum which drives ambitious outcomes for pupils.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Science
- Empower and develop the Lead practitioners, TLR post holders and team to embed and extend an exceptional Science curriculum.
- Monitor, evaluate and continually improve the quality of planning, teaching and assessment.
- Lead the assessment process ensuring accurate measurement of subject standards in all year groups at all summative assessment points.
- Analyse student performance data and respond to the outcomes of assessment to ensure appropriate planning, teaching and interventions are in place to keep all pupils on track to achieve their targets.
Leadership and Management
- Lead the professional development of the subject team to be highly effective practitioners.
- Through regular observation and feedback, mentor subject teachers to ensure excellent teaching and learning in all lessons in line with academy expectations.
- Manage allocated budget effectively and stay within set budget allocation.
- Create and sustain a positive department culture, where teammates feel collectively supported and developed.
Teaching and learning
- To deliver outstanding teaching of Science helping pupils achieve excellent academic results.
- Exude a passion for Science which is evident in your practice.
- To design an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires pupils to appreciate the subject and its application and which meets the needs of the pupils.
- To closely monitor progress and attainment and take positive action where necessary to support pupils in achieving their targets.
If you are interested in finding out more about this Head of Science vacancy, please send your CV in application to this advert along with a covering letter. You will be contacted for a confidential discussion about your application along with being given information on the next step of the process.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.