Head of Year
- Hackney, Inner London
- Competitive Inner London salary which will reflect your experience.
- September 2022
- Full time Head of Year position.
- Supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Highly successful school with a great history of academic results.
About the Head of Year role:
This truly exceptional inner-London School is seeking a Head of Year for a Full-Time post from September 2022. As a Head of Year, your ambitions should be aligned to the school's values and their mission: to ensure that every student will succeed at a good university or equivalent, thrive in their chosen field and live a great life.
As a Head of Year, you will work alongside our staff to support students within your year cohort. You will support and nurture young people. The role is pivotal within the Pastoral team and management of the school. You will be responsible for parental engagement with your year focus and develop close working relationships with the form tutors and other key members of staff to ensure our students achieve their full potential.
You should have a good working knowledge, understanding and experience of:
- Working within a Secondary School environment
- Secondary School Curriculum
- Emotional Intelligence
- Behaviour Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an empathetic nature and be prepared to role model behaviour to those who are disengaged.
- Excellent English oral and written skills..
The school boasts a passionate and supportive pastoral team who work alongside Subject Leaders to help students achieve in every department. If you are passionate about making a profound difference to the lives of students, I would like you to apply for this post before 1st June
About the school looking for a Head of Year:
Student's progress in this school is consistently excellent for GCSE and A Level. The schools have achieved several impressive accolades over the past few years because of their superb personal development opportunities in school.
This is an exceptional school with many outstanding achievements, it is located within a highly desirable part of Central London. The schools award-winning building is based at a stunning canal-side location, within the South side of the London Borough of Hackney and just over a mile from the heart of the City of London.
Would you work in this brilliant school?
- Excellent student behaviour and highly supportive Senior Leadership Team.
- An Achievement-oriented culture where students work hard, and it is cool to be smart.
- A warm/strict approach, meaning that our high standards do not come at the expense of inclusion.
- The belief that teaching must be a sustainable profession: clear systems and structures, sensible approach to feedback and no 'late night culture'.
Reeson Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the core values of honesty, integrity, and excellence. We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you will benefit from:
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- Free CPD courses and online resources.
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive teaching posts in London.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.