A mixed comprehensive School in Harrow seek an enthusiastic, fully qualified Health and Social Teacher to take on a year long contract commencing in February 2023.
Health and Social Care Teacher - February 2023
- Health and Social Care Teacher
- £32,157 - £50,935
- Key Stages 3 - 5
- Full time position
- February 2023 start
- Well-resourced and managed department
- Students demonstrate great aptitude and engagement in vocational subjects
SCHOOL INFORMATION - Health and Social Care Teacher
The school is based in a welcoming and tranquil area in North West London, Harrow and was rated as "Good with Outstanding features" by OFSTED in its most recent inspection. This Secondary School prides itself on an excellent all-round education that its students leave with, many of whom go on to higher education and skilled vocational employment. They have strong relationships with the local community and parents/carers of the student body. They are fully inclusive and have many students for whom English is an additional language.
The School firmly believes in opportunities through learning and how they can shape futures if potential is realised. They believe that this means that every child who enters the School from year 7 through to year 13, should have:
- Opportunities to feel welcomed into a caring and encouraging ethos
- Opportunities to engage in the rich and varied curriculum offered at the school
- Opportunities to have the highest quality of education through outstanding teaching, learning and pastoral care
- Opportunities to feel a sense of belonging by fully embracing all the extra-curricular activities
They offer an extensive curriculum and are one of a few comprehensive secondary schools to offer both Ancient Greek and Latin from year 7 through to Key Stage 5 where students can sit A levels. Wherever possible student groups are kept small to achieve best outcomes and appropriate support and learning pathways are developed for the individual needs of each student. There is a comprehensive curriculum for students at Key Stages 3 - 5. They aim to help their students become articulate, ambitious young people with the strength of character and the confidence to compete in a highly competitive world.
They demand and achieve high standards in all areas of school life within a disciplined, secure, caring and stimulating environment. They value and praise the successes of their students and staff. The school is held in high esteem by the local community and, as a consequence, is very popular and heavily oversubscribed. Students at the school make excellent progress and achieve good examination results in both GCSE and vocational qualifications.
Additional information - Health and Social Care Teacher
- Fantastic facilities, open plan learning environment
- Strong and established Health, Social and vocational department.
- Key Stage 3 - 5 timetable
- Salary £32,157 - £50,935
THE ROLE - Health and Social Care Teacher
You will be teaching Key Stage 4 - 5 and will need to be confident in delivering Health and Social Care to a high standard. The School are particularly keen to hear from Health and Social Care Teacher who have varied experience through a range of syllabus (although this is not essential). If you are skilled in any instrument, including vocals, they are keen to hear from you as can build you expertise into your timetable and any extra curricular activities you become involved in.
Students and teachers alike enjoy lessons, which make for a positive and purposeful atmosphere throughout the school. This school is only looking to employ passionate educators, candidates who are prepared to fully immerse themselves in the school community, be willing to plan, prepare and deliver all lessons independently and take part in extra curricular activities.
This position will be starting in January for one year in the first instance. If you are an ambitious Health and Social Care Teacher who has taught Key Stages 4 & 5 then this role should feature highly on your wish list. The school offers great training plus a clear and attainable path for promotion - many responsibility post holders have been promoted from within the departments.
Why work for this School? Health and Social Care Teacher
- State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
- You'll be working in an OFSTED rated 'Outstanding' school
- Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
- Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site massage, weekly fruit, breakfast boxes.
- Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.