IT Technician required to join a highly successful, cohesive and friendly team at an Outstanding School in Barnet, North London. The School has a great reputation for staff well being and have a happy, driven and dynamic workforce.
- IT Technician
- £22,196 - £28,659
- Full time, permanent role
- Outstanding School
- Term time only (with additional weeks of work offered if interested)
- Parking available on site
The Role - IT Technician
As an IT Technician, the main function of the role is to ensure that the ICT facilities throughout the school perform reliably and that all users of ICT are supported effectively. You will need to be flexible, adaptable, proactive and willing to offer support in a range of different scenarios. Having a positive attitude and willing to work in a fast paced environment and not succumbing to pressure is highly desirable.
Key Responsibilities: IT Technician
- Maintenance/ installation of ICT resources
- Assist the ICT manager and facilitate day to day ICT operations
- Provide technical support
- Awareness and participation in all policies and procedures, such as health and safety, equality and child protection
- Attend meetings
- Support and maintain school software
- Cover for ICT Manager in their absence
- Repair and replenish ICT equipment and systems
- Record requests and log them on database
- Keep records of hardware and software
- Ensure the network is safe and secure
- Organise ICT for all school-based events
- Meeting all relevant legal and contractual obligations, as well as GDPR
- Create and run computer programs
Experience - IT Technician
- Have experience of working in an IT related industry
- Have a willingness to use your skills and knowledge to continually learn new systems and processes
- Have demonstrable experience trouble shooting a range of IT related issues
Personal characteristics - IT Technician
- Effective leadership worker: helpful, friendly and able to make good judgements and lead when required
- Adaptable, organised and able to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrates resilience, motivation and commitment to high standards of work and achieving excellence
- Approachable, flexible, calm and caring with a 'can-do' attitude
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- Keen to learn and develop own skills
Specific skills - IT Technician
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- The courage and conviction to make a difference
- The post holder must be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.