A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a wonderful school in Shepherds Bush, Hammersmith and Fulham. This friendly school is seeking a KS1 teacher to join their team. The role offers opportunities for career progression and development and comes with a competitive salary.
- Preparation of Medium and Short-term plans in conjunction with the other year-group teachers. Planning for differentiation (including catering for gifted pupils).
- A KS1 Teacher providing inspirational lessons at the times stipulated on the school timetable.
- Maintaining order and good discipline among pupils and safeguarding their health and safety.
- Setting and marking of work to be done in school and homework.
- Liaising with the SENCo, regarding pupils with diagnosed or suspected special educational needs. Writing provision maps for these children.
- Providing a stimulating working environment in the classroom.
- Accompanying and organising school trips and events.
ASSESSMENT AND REPORTING as a KS1 Teacher
- Making regular assessments of pupils' attainment and progress.
- Keeping records of pupils' progress.
- Assessing and marking internal assessments.
- Writing reports on pupil's attainment and progress (twice per year).
- Attending parents' evenings to discuss pupils' progress with parents.
- Providing written reports on pupils on request e.g. for applications to senior schools or for school transfers.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT as a KS1 Teacher
- Periodically reviewing programmes of work and methods of teaching.
- Attending courses to develop professional skills.
- Attending departmental meetings.
PASTORAL CARE as a KS1 Teacher
- Being actively involved in promoting the well-being of pupils.
- Providing a role model for pupils in terms of personal standards of conduct, appearance and punctuality.
- Reporting any academic or behavioural problems to the Head of School. PTO
- Maintaining open lines of communication with parents.
- Attending school assemblies and church services
- Sharing in the pastoral duties on a rota basis e.g. break and lunchtime duties.
If this role at this KS1 Teaching opportunity at a lovely primary school in Hammersmith and Fulham sounds of interest then please get in touch with Luke at Reeson by sending your CV through today.