- Competitive salary
- Excellent career progression
- Forward thinking Head teacher
- Extra transport links
This ambitious School located in the outer London Borough of Merton is seeking a Year 3 (Key Stage two (KS2) class teacher. You will become part of a vibrant and forward thinking team, with excellent opportunities for career progression and extra responsibility.
What the role will entail:
- Maximise the use of the outdoor learning environment in the planning and delivery of teaching and learning;
- Ensure pupils have frequent opportunities to engage in experiential and investigative learning activities
Ensure that learning excellence is at the heart of planning and delivery in the classroom;
- Ensure pupils feel happy, safe, and supported in the classroom and that any barriers to their learning and progress are addressed or removed;
- Get to know every child as an individual and their families so you can effectively nurture him or her whilst in your class;
- Plan and resource differentiated tasks, appropriately grouping pupils, and balancing their time so all groups receive teacher support;
- Look for ways to engage pupils (especially the most able) in independent learning;
- Work with SEN staff and support staff in order to benefit from their specialist knowledge, and to maximise their effectiveness within lessons;
- Implement school policies designed to secure high standards of behaviour and attendance. Promote and reward positive behaviour;
- Advise and co-operate with the Headteacher and other teachers on the preparation and development of schemes of work, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements;
- Be involved in extracurricular activities by, for example, contributing to out of school visits or school clubs;
- Seek opportunities to invite parents and carers, community figures, businesses and other organisations into the school to enrich pupils' learning and contribute to the wider community;
- Be prepared to take responsibility for other school subjects as directed by the Headteacher i.e. sport, science, arts co-ordinator.
We are committed to providing a fun and vibrant learning environment where, in addition to academic achievement, creativity in the Arts, camaraderie in Sport and nurturing respect for self, others and the environment is encouraged.
We are looking for people who can help to deliver high quality Key Stage two (KS2) teaching and learning that meets the needs of the pupils and enable the school to achieve its founding vision. If you feel that you have the vision and the energy to establish this world-class learning environment and the commitment to ensure that it succeeds, then we look forward to receiving your application.
How the school operates:
- applies tried and tested whole-class teaching methodologies, promoted through very specific continuing professional development (CPD) for our teachers;
- lets teachers revisit topics as they see fit and make their own decisions about when individuals are ready to move on from a concept;
- adopts a rigorous approach to the teaching of phonics (e.g. Jolly Phonics or Letters and Sounds), reading, grammar and spelling as a matter of course every day;
- reinforces handwriting and key mathematical facts as a matter of course every day;
- run teacher-led booster, intervention and extension classes for certain children to ensure they are making progress to the best of their ability;
- has a structured approach to regular visitors and visits including residential experiences;
- ensures homework is tailored to the needs of the individual child with the focus being on reading, especially in the early years;
- establishes strong home-school communications via a regular updated journal which also acts as a communication and information flow between parents and teachers;
- works with parents to promote home learning, particularly reading.
To apply this exciting Key Stage 2 (KS2) opportunity, please send your CV to Luke at Reeson education.