Lead Learning Support Assistant
- Highly popular, Hackney based school
- Fantastic working environment
- Strong SLT and excellent SENCO.
- Full time position
- Hugely positive and highly successful school
Job Purpose - The Lead LSA will:
- Support the SENDCo in planning for and delivering effective services for students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, and their teachers.
- Support the SENDCo in overseeing interventions for SEND students.
- Consistently promote positive values, attitudes, behaviour, social and emotional development of students.
- Encourage students to participate in all aspects of school life.
- Deal with the operational, day to day management of a group of Learning Support Assistants.
- Support the SENDCo in overseeing the tracking of students with Education, Health and Care Plans annual review targets.
- Support the SENDCo in overseeing the impact of LSAs on roaming.
- Track the progress of an identified group of SEN students and implement strategies to support said students.
- Carry out all reasonable tasks allocated by the SENDCo with professionalism and promptness.
Key responsibilities of this Lead Teaching Assistant Role:
- Line manage LSAs in the team and when appropriate hold performance management reviews. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of LSA input in lessons, under the guidance of the SENDCo.
- Implement interventions with students and track the progress of these.
- Oversee and support other LSAs in delivering interventions to a high standard.
- Track and monitor the progress of an identified group of SEND students and implement strategies to support, sharing these were appropriate with other staff.
- Liaise with teachers about the progress of specific individuals on the SEND register. Communicate where appropriate with parents and other professionals working with students.
- Support in creating and editing aspects of the LSA timetable.
- Support in the day to day management of LSAs, for example, supporting with the organisation of cover.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required by the SENDCo, Deputy SENDCo or members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Encourage the social and emotional development of students and encourage students to participate in all aspects of school life.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of all students and to operate within agreed legal, ethical and professional boundaries when working with children and young people and those involved with them.
- Support the implementation of school policies and procedures, including those relating to confidentiality and behaviour.
- Identify personal training needs and to attend appropriate internal and external in-service training.
- Work within and encourage the Academy's equality policy and contribute to diversity policies and programmes in relation to discriminatory behaviour.
Do you have:
- Education to a minimum standard of GCSE Grade A-C or equivalent?
- Experience of working with students with a range of additional needs?
- Awareness of issues related to student underachievement and barriers to their learning and participation?
- Excellent communication and organisational skills?
If you are passionate about this field of work and you want to make a profound difference to the lives of our students, we would love to hear from you. This is a term time only position - 39 weeks per academic year - 37.5 hours per week, 8:00am - 4:00pm. An inflationary increase to the current annual salary is likely to be awarded from 1st September 2021.
Please apply now!
Reeson Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the core values of honesty, integrity, and excellence. We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%