Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of young learners?
We are searching for passionate Learning Mentors to help students overcome challenges and succeed both academically and personally at one of our East London schools.
As a Learning Mentor, your primary role will be to provide individualized support to students, promoting their emotional well-being and enhancing their learning experiences. Your responsibilities will include:
Day to day responsibilities as a Learning Mentor
- Mentoring and guiding the students in their behavioural development
- Assisting students with SEN to set and achieve personal and educational targets
- Engage and assist with various learning activities and programs
- Implement strategies to manage and de-escalate challenging behaviours
- Be a positive role model, helping students build confidence and self-esteem
- Work closely with teachers, parents and other learning mentors to create a comprehensive support network for each student
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Behaviour or Learning Mentor is preferred
- Experience in SEN, challenging behaviour, coaching, or youth work is also highly desirable
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting welfare of young people
- Empathetic, patient, and resilient nature
Why become a Learning Mentor?
- Impactful and Rewarding Work - Make a real difference in the lives of young learners.
- Supportive Environment - Thrive in a collaborative and supportive workplace.
- Professional Development - Access ongoing professional development and training opportunities
Don't miss this opportunity to work as a Learning Mentor in Hackney and make a difference in the lives of children with special needs. Apply now and take the first step towards a rewarding career in education!
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%