Learning Support Assistant
- September start
- Competitive rates of pay
- Excellent working facilities
- Supportive and inclusive team
- Perfect role for a Graduate or Healthcare Assistant looking to gain experience in schools
September start for a Learning Support Assistant at a fantastic all-girls school in South West London.
This Learning Support Assistant post will start on the 1st of September 2022 and run until the end of the academic year in July 2023.
Work pattern for this Learning Support Assistant position will be Monday to Friday. Some shifts will be 8am - 4pm and some will be 8.30am - 4.30pm.
You will need to have the following qualities for this Learning Support Assistant post:
Flexibility, resourcefulness, a strong 'can do' attitude, highly developed organisational skills, effective communication skills, team player, good attendance and consistent punctuality record.
The Learning Support Assistant role itself will involve the following:
- Work with teachers and support staff to provide a safe and supportive environment for students to learn both individually and in small groups.
- Monitor and record impact of interventions including short term achievable targets for priority areas of learning.
- Supporting and supervising the use of the equipment specific to child's needs.
- Ensure that students have opportunities to develop their skills as an independent learner.
- Facilitate between parents, school and outside agencies working with the child, ensuring there is effective communication and continuity in approach.
- Support students in and out of lessons (KS3, KS4 and KS5)
- Good ICT skills
- Willingness to support across the curriculum in different subject areas
At times you will need to provide personal care to students as an Learning Support Assistant, but the school can offer work that doesn't involve this too.
The school has an SEMH Resource Base, so they are happy for Learning Support Assistant applicants to choose to work with mainstream pupils only or in the SEMH Resource Base.
The rates of pay for this Learning Support Assistant position will range from £70 to £100 a day, depending on the qualifications and experience of each candidate.
Recognised as a Science Specialist School, with a 'Sportsmark' and 'Artsmark Gold' awards.
Exam results are consistently excellent at KS4 and KS5.
Ofsted has rated the school as 'Good' across the board.
The school places high importance on the maintenance and development of the following areas of its ethos:
In terms of facilities, the school underwent renovations in 2012, to inspire both staff and pupils.
It won the RIBA Sterling Prize in 2015. This is the UK's leading architecture award.
You are welcome to apply if you are a recent Graduate, Healthcare Assistant or experienced Learning Support Assistant.
Applications are also welcome if you are a British trained Learning Support Assistant or overseas trained Learning Support Assistant.
All applicants must have the following in order to be considered for this Learning Support Assistant position:
- Right to work in the UK
- Clear and up to date DBS
- UK Degree or an overseas equivalent
- Experience as a Learning Support Assistant in UK schools
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity in education and training as a Learning Support Assistant, then please apply via the link below and send your CV to Rahul at REESON Education as soon as possible.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.