A specialist school in Brent are currently seeking experienced LSAs (Learning Support Assistant) that caters for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) are currently seeking Learning Support Assistant to work within a class of six children. Each child in the class has a physical disability as well as other diagnosed difficulties, such as hearing impairment, visual impairment, speech and language.
Your duties could include:
- Learning Support Assistant Assisting will be supporting pupils' with physical needs, including hygiene and feeding, as well as assisting with therapy sessions
- Helping with pupils' school work under the supervision of an SEN teacher
- Helping pupils increase their confidence, self-esteem and independence
- You will be responsible for promoting inclusion, working according to IEPs and advancing learning, allowing the children you will be working with to make positive progress by removing barriers to learning.
The successful candidate should:
- Have knowledge/interest and experience working with Autism/ASD, ADHD, EBD, SLD, PMLD
- Be able to use positive reinforcement when supporting behaviour difficulties
- Working with pupils with ADHD this would be an advantage
- Be a patient and positive role model for children
- Knowledge of BSL, Makaton, Team Teach, SPELL/TEACCH would be an advantage.
Some students are non-verbal and finding ways to communicate can prove difficult for the child. As well as being sufficiently trained, the successful candidate must also be patient, nurturing, caring and most of all, passionate.
This particular school are looking for proactive team players who want to be part of a challenging yet rewarding environment. Personal and social development is taken very seriously, therefore the ability build strong and trusting relationships is key.
This school expects and sustains high standards and supports their staff to maintain this reputation. CPD if offered throughout placements. Hoist training and Manual Handling is desired but further training can be offered whilst working with the school.
If you are interested and qualified for this post please responded ASAP. If you are not qualified, please refrain from responding as we do not wish to waste your time, nor ours.