Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
- Tower Hamlets SEN School
- SLD/PMLD Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
- One Year Contract Minimum
- Permanent Contract Sept 2020
- Excellent OFSTED
- Exceptional Training Schemes
- Pay £70 - £90 per day
- Friendly, Supportive and Sociable Work Environment
- Good Transport Links
I am seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to a thriving special school based in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. As a Learning Support Assistant you will be supporting pupils aged 11 - 19, who have severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple difficulties and autism.
The ideal Learning Support Assistant candidate would be:
- Based in Tower Hamlets
- Experienced supporting special needs teenagers or adults - particularly those with PMLD and SLD needs
- Comfortable with personal care
- Able to use PECS and Makaton communication tools
- Hoist and manual handling trained
- Team Teach trained
The school is at an exciting point in its development; their student numbers have already increased by one third during the past 4 years and they are currently working towards further expansion of their purpose built new school.
I am looking for highly experienced members of staff to work one to one with autistic, SLD and PMLD students some of whom can prevent very challenging behaviour.
In each department the needs differ:
- In SLD and PMLD the school is happy to support those from a care background who are willing to work hard to adapt to a school environment, are comfortable supporting children with very complex medical needs and who will work to ensure that students are engaged, treated with total respect and supported in as humane and personalised a style as possible.
- In the ASD department the successful candidate will have experience of managing challenging behaviour and must be of physically capable of managing the student when challenge occurs. In this instance Team Teach trained applicants would be at a huge advantage.
If you are an experienced and highly skilled LSA or SEN TA with expertise in ASD, SLD and PMLD environments seeking a minimum of a one year contract then back yourself to gain a permanent job at this exceptional school!