Are you a looking for a fantastic LSA role? If so, I have a good option for you:
LSA Required for brilliant 6th Form College
- Hackney East London
- April 2023 Start
- Hugely popular college within the local area.
- Full time Teaching Assistant position
- Strong Senior Leadership Team
- Incredibly positive environment
ABOUT THE COLLEGE - LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT:
This is a popular 6th Form which is mixed. Over the past 5 years the college has transformed itself into one of the highest performing in London and has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement.
ABOUT THE ROLE - LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
The school are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to join our Inclusion Department in 2023. The role will involve working alongside teachers to support students with SEN in a wide variety of subjects and providing targeted intervention programmes at lunchtime, before and after school to support students to improve the skills they need to become effective learners in the classroom and successful adults.
The school is committed to providing all staff with excellent professional development and the Inclusion department has regular training sessions which focus on developing the skills needed to ensure we are an outstanding team who continue to achieve above average outcomes for students with additional needs. This post would be equally suited to high quality candidates committed to a TA career or an ambitious graduate with an interest in building up school experience prior to teacher training.
The successful applicant will demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills as well as the ability to work as part of a team and a clear empathy for 11-18 year old's. Training and/or experience in supporting students with additional learning needs such as Moderate Learning Difficulties; Global Developmental Delay; ASD; ADD/ADHD; Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties; and/or Literacy Difficulties would be essential. Experience of working with EAL students would be an advantage.
DUTIES - LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
- To support students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) by facilitating the development of self-supporting strategies towards independence and by providing additional support both in and out of class.
- To lead the collaboration between students, teachers, parents and other stakeholders in the planning of a student's support provision, designed to enable both academic and personal development.
- To contribute to the colleges provision map by planning and providing skill development sessions
- To support the Head of Inclusive Support in undergoing statutory reviews of Education, Health and Care Plans, and ensuring that the students voice is fully considered during review meetings.
- To work with our students with the intention of taking appropriate measures to ensure they meet aspirational academic and personal goals through target setting and referrals to external agencies
- To track and monitor the progress of individual students and to liaise with parents, carers and external professionals to boost the achievement of students and improve attendance and punctuality.
- To respond to safeguarding concerns by following the college's published safeguarding policy
- To commit to a plan of professional development and training agreed alongside the Head of Inclusive Support
- To attend and contribute to parents evenings and Inclusive Support Forums.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post.
When you apply with Reeson Education, you will benefit from:
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants who offer guidance both pre and post placement
- Free CPD courses and online resources.
- Ongoing access to the best and most exclusive teaching posts in London.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%