Learning Support Assistant (LSA) Position, in a Primary School, based in North London
A lovely Primary School, located in the vibrant community of Muswell Hill in North London, is currently seeking a talented and dedicated Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to join their team immediately. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and passionate individual to make a significant impact on the lives of primary school children.
About the Primary School: It is renowned for its commitment to providing a nurturing and stimulating environment where children aged 5-11 can thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. With a strong reputation for excellence in education, the school embraces creativity and encourages a sense of community among its students.
Position Overview: In this pivotal role as a Learning Support Assistant, the successful candidate will work closely with class teachers and the SENCO to provide invaluable support to students. The LSA will play an essential part in fostering an inclusive learning environment, ensuring that every child can reach their full potential.
Responsibilities: As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Providing individualised and small group support to students with additional learning needs.
- Collaborating closely with class teachers to adapt resources and differentiate instruction based on diverse learning styles.
- Assisting in the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and monitoring student progress.
- Supporting students in developing literacy, numeracy, and social skills through targeted interventions.
- Promoting a positive and inclusive classroom culture by fostering respect, empathy, and cooperation among students.
Requirements: To be successful in this role, candidates should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Previous experience working with primary school-aged children, preferably as a Learning Support Assistant or in a similar capacity.
- A genuine passion for supporting childrens educational development and fostering a love of learning.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Knowledge of different learning styles and strategies to support students with additional learning needs.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, combined with patience and adaptability to meet individual student needs.
Benefits: The Primary School offers the following benefits to its employees:
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
Please contact Kevin at Reeson
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.
Please note that all daily/hourly rates quoted are inclusive of holiday pay at 12.07%