A thriving and diverse school located in Brent, North West London are seeking to recruit a full-time teaching assistant to start ASAP.
The school is looking to appoint an enthusiastic teaching assistant to assist with special education needs across KS1 and KS2. The successful candidate will be joining the SEN team and will be deployed within mainstream classes to support a number of children with various special education needs including autism (ASD), social emotional mental health (SEMH), Global Delay, speech language communication (SLCN) and other needs as required.
The school is looking to appoint a TA with experience across multiple areas of SEN as well as having a strong command of English and sound knowledge of mathematics.
Working hours are 8:30am to 4:00pm throughout the term. Initially the role will be on a long-term temporary basis however, the school is eager to appoint on a permanent basis and will be looking to turn this into a permanent role at the first opportunity.
The school prides itself on being a supportive and inclusive environment with a child-centred approach at all times. Staff are supported well within teams and there are ample opportunities for professional development and progression.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who has the following:
* Experience supporting children with SEN in the mainstream school environment. This must include ASD and SEMH
* A strong grasp of mathematics and very strong command of the English language
* A variety of communication skills to respond to the needs of each child
* Empathy and understanding of children's individual learning abilities and needs
* Patience and a good sense of humour
* Flexibility and a willingness to go the extra mile
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Ruby at REESON Education ASAP as interviews will be happening within the first two weeks of the spring term.