Learning Support Assistant
- Immediate start
- Competitive rates of pay
- One of London's best all girls schools
- Ideal for a Humanities or Languages Graduate
- Perfect for a Graduate or experienced Learning Support Assistant
A Learning Support Assistant is needed in an All-Girls Secondary School in South West London.
If appointed as a Learning Support Assistant, you will be supporting students in class and small groups across different subjects and key stages.
This Learning Support Assistant post will be full time, Monday to Friday.
You will need to be flexible, resourceful, have a strong 'can do' attitude, display highly developed organisational skills, use effective communication skills, be a team player, maintain good attendance and a consistent punctuality record.
The Learning Support Assistant role itself will involve the following:
- Working with teachers and support staff to provide a safe and supportive environment for students to learn both individually and in small groups.
- Monitor and record impact of interventions including short term achievable targets for priority areas of learning.
- Supporting and supervising the use of the equipment specific to child's needs.
- Ensure that students have opportunities to develop their skills as an independent learner.
- Facilitate between parents, school and outside agencies working with the child, ensuring there is effective communication and continuity in approach.
- Support students in and out of lessons (KS3, KS4 and KS5)
- Good ICT skills
- Willingness to support across the curriculum in different subject areas
The rates of pay for this Learning Support Assistant position will range from £72 to £105 a day, depending on the qualifications and experience of each candidate.
Recognised as a Science Specialist School, with a 'Sportsmark' and 'Artsmark Gold' awards.
Exam results are consistently excellent at KS4 and KS5.
Ofsted has rated the school as 'Good' across the board.
The school places high importance on the maintenance and development of the following areas of its ethos:
In terms of facilities, the school underwent renovations in 2012, to inspire both staff and pupils.
It won the RIBA Sterling Prize in 2015. This is the UK's leading architecture award.
You are welcome to apply if you are a recent Graduate or experienced Learning Support Assistant.
Applications are also welcome if you are a British trained Learning Support Assistant or overseas trained Learning Support Assistant.
All applicants must have the following in order to be considered for this Learning Support Assistant position:
- Right to work in the UK
- Clear and up to date DBS
- Experience as a Learning Support Assistant in UK schools
- UK Degree in Humanities or Languages/an overseas equivalent
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity in education and training as a Learning Support Assistant, then please apply via the link below and send your CV to Rahul at REESON Education as soon as possible.
REESON Education is London's Premier Recruitment Agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence.
We care about education and the provision of education and have established an excellent reputation with schools and teachers alike.
At REESON Education we work closely with a large network of Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Colleges across London. Our client base provides us with an abundance of available daily supply, long term and permanent opportunities across all age groups in all areas of London.